My PC just decides to stop working after a few hours

HotLoli

I got my pc built about 2 years ago. since like 6 months, it freaks out after hours of being turned on. The load could be as light as playing an mp4 and after 3-4hours it disconnects my wifi and refuses to do anything unless i force reboot it. I suspect it could be windows, as I also have issues with recieving updates. plz help

i3 10th gen 10100f

gt710

crucial 2900 mt value ram

msi h510 motherboard

Post PSU specs. also please.

But the issue might be Bios set C-States and Windows power settings.

Need to shut off Sleep & Hibernate in Windows, as well as "Eco", "Green", Power Save in Bios.

Also, get a good air blower and cleanup the box, this must be done every 6mon.-1yr. at most.

11 hours ago, Cyberat said:

Post PSU specs. also please.

But the issue might be Bios set C-States and Windows power settings.

Need to shut off Sleep & Hibernate in Windows, as well as "Eco", "Green", Power Save in Bios.

Also, get a good air blower and cleanup the box, this must be done every 6mon.-1yr. at most.

I have set my C state and there are no bios updates available. Also, it does not turn off.

After a few hours, it refuses to perform any task. Even opening Calander. It doesn't even shut down. I could set it to shut down and literary wait for hours, but it will not shutdown. I think it might be my windows as I can't receive any updates at all and there are also some other bugs. maybe I will do a clean install of windows, just want a second opinion.

If you feel like a fresh install is needed because of this and other bugs, then it's a good idea to do so, it's not too long to do and it will give you an idea if it's Windows or not, make sure to use it close to "vanilla" as much as possible, and start installing your applications slowly instead of all-at-once since a bad driver or application could be the issue.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Things not to reinstall again on a fresh install:

1) Driver Updater third party apps. <insertnamehere>. Sometimes they shadow install as optional from "freeware" or "How to repair service not working, click here to download.".

2) Any other viral apps. that auto install possible virii.

The other thing to check is idle temps. but I truly think this is a result of wrong drivers force installed on HW or multiple virii.