Just asking for clarification assistance - been awhile since I've built my own.

Budget (including currency): 2000usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Dota 2, Halo Infinite, Playstation games, photo editing, 4k video streaming to TV. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have acquired an i7 12700k cpu. 

Aorus z690 elite ax ddr5 motherboard. 

750w 80plus gold psu

I won these in a giveaway earlier this year and I finally have the resources to put aside and build my rig. 

Graphic cards come and go. I'll figure out which one I'm getting later. Eyeing a used 3080 or waiting for the 4070.

For now I'm looking to maximize the potential of this new pc. Last pc I built in 2015 still runs strong. I7-4790. Gtx970. 16gb ddr3. Loads up fast. Excel netflix light photo editing, all is well. Still beats my companies work pc in every way.  The first game I ran into issues with was Halo Infinite. Im eager to play that game in better fps and looks... but also want to have the best experience in everything else. 

Ram.

Obviously going ddr5. Aiming for 64gb. But question on the timings and ratings. Should I do 2x32 or 4x16?? Is there that much difference between 5200mhz and 5600mhz? Would 4800 be enough? I'm not looking to break records. I want reliable and i want to not feel pressure into upgrading every year. 

Ssd/ storage

The MB has 4 m.2 ports. One is very close to the cpu. I'm looking to grab 2 or 3 multiple TB drives for document storage.  But i wanted to get opinion on the boot drive. The boot drive im assuming is going to be the slot closest to the cpu. My idea is to get the fastest best ssd of at least 1 TB into that slot. For my operating system and a select few games and apps. Or should it be a smaller drive with the OS only? Is intel optane a thing I should look into? 

Any one have good recommendations for a cooler and or case? I'm not picky. But i also do not want guady or gouche. Rgb to me is meh. But i would like to make sure the USB c ports on the front of the case are the best they can be. Can i get thunderbolt ports and usbc ports to work with this motherboard? My wife is an apple user so I want to be able to plug some of her stuff in if needed. 

Any cool expansion cards I should look into? 

Thank you in advance. 

Hope everyone is well. 

9 minutes ago, brob said:

What model PSU?

Rog strix 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor  (Purchased For $0.00) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK620 ZERO DARK 68.99 CFM CPU Cooler  ($69.98 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE AX ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-5600 CL28 Memory  ($339.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850X 4 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($395.01 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Strix 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Total: $894.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-12-28 13:26 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

7 hours ago, brob said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor  (Purchased For $0.00) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK620 ZERO DARK 68.99 CFM CPU Cooler  ($69.98 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE AX ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-5600 CL28 Memory  ($339.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850X 4 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($395.01 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Strix 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Total: $894.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-12-28 13:26 EST-0500

I appreciate that parts list. I will review them. Very in depth.  

I was really just wanting more of an explanation about different aspects of the system and which ones I should invest more research into.  Knowing the cpu and mb I have... what would be the best things to invest in to make sure I get the best experience.

CPU, motherboard, PSU, and GPU deserve the most investigation. Since the first three have been decided and the last will be decided in the future there isn't much else to comment on.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.