Is there a way to keep my windows install when switching to intel from amd?

I may be switching from a 5600x to an i7 or i9 13900k/kf eventually and im wondering if I can keep my windows install, I know its highly recommended that I do a clean install but I really dont want to lose all the stuff I installed and also the tweaks and things I did to windows to remove telemetry, improve performance, whatever else.

Will it work if I uninstall/disable the amd drivers? And I mean fully disable them, like through the registry editor (I know what you can and can't disable). And then install the intel drivers after I upgrade?

I can reinstall windows if I have to I just really dont want to. Im using windows 10 home 21h2.

PC Specifications: Intel i9-14900KF, 5.9GHz all core locked, 5GHz ring, 1.45v Medium LLC, E-cores and HT disabled | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Thermal Grizzly contact frame | 2x16 G.Skill Trident Z5 7400MHz 34-44-44-34 1T 1.45v (Tuned Subtimings, Hynix A-Die) | Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX | Windows 10/11 EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Phanteks P400A (Black non-rgb version, Phanteks T30 fans 3 intake (On AIO), 1 exhaust) | SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIE 4.0 (Boot drive), Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SATA

Displays: MSI MAG 271QPX 1440p 360Hz 27" QD-OLED | LG UltraGear 27GP950-B, 4K 144Hz (@120hz) 27" IPS

Desktop Audio: STAX SR-007 MK2 Electrostatic Headphones | STAX SRM-400S Amp | Schiit Bifrost 2/64 (NOS mode, USB in, XLR out)

Mobile Audio: Sennheiser IE 900 IEMs using included 4.4mm cable | FiiO KA13 "Desktop mode" Disabled

Peripherals: Razer Huntsman V2 Full size wired with linear optical switch | Logitech G502 Hero

Can it be done? Absolutely. Is it generally successful by those with little experience? Rarely. If you want to give it a shot, scour the system for any Intel or motherboard specific drivers and uninstall them. Note if the drive is using an MBR partition table, you'll need to either enable CSM on the new system in the BIOS or convert the drive to the modern GPT partition table. Cross your fingers and hope it boots while being ready to wipe/reinstall if it doesn't. 

11 minutes ago, rippy4500 said:

13900k/kf

I was under the impression that in order to use newer intel chips to the fullest you need to use Windows 11, because Windows 10 was not designed for the big/little cores on the newer intel chips. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

I was under the impression that in order to use newer intel chips to the fullest you need to use Windows 11, because Windows 10 was not designed for the big/little cores on the newer intel chips. 

My plan was to disable the e-cores for better temperatures, so it doesnt really apply to me.

Ive tried windows 11 and I didnt like it, so im staying on 10 for now.

PC Specifications: Intel i9-14900KF, 5.9GHz all core locked, 5GHz ring, 1.45v Medium LLC, E-cores and HT disabled | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Thermal Grizzly contact frame | 2x16 G.Skill Trident Z5 7400MHz 34-44-44-34 1T 1.45v (Tuned Subtimings, Hynix A-Die) | Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX | Windows 10/11 EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Phanteks P400A (Black non-rgb version, Phanteks T30 fans 3 intake (On AIO), 1 exhaust) | SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIE 4.0 (Boot drive), Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SATA

Displays: MSI MAG 271QPX 1440p 360Hz 27" QD-OLED | LG UltraGear 27GP950-B, 4K 144Hz (@120hz) 27" IPS

Desktop Audio: STAX SR-007 MK2 Electrostatic Headphones | STAX SRM-400S Amp | Schiit Bifrost 2/64 (NOS mode, USB in, XLR out)

Mobile Audio: Sennheiser IE 900 IEMs using included 4.4mm cable | FiiO KA13 "Desktop mode" Disabled

Peripherals: Razer Huntsman V2 Full size wired with linear optical switch | Logitech G502 Hero

10 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Can it be done? Absolutely. Is it generally successful by those with little experience? Rarely. If you want to give it a shot, scour the system for any Intel or motherboard specific drivers and uninstall them. Note if the drive is using an MBR partition table, you'll need to either enable CSM on the new system in the BIOS or convert the drive to the modern GPT partition table. Cross your fingers and hope it boots while being ready to wipe/reinstall if it doesn't. 

I think my system just uses gpt, idk how to tell but im using a modern mobo and cpu so its probably the newer one.

I know that the amd drivers can be disabled easily (amd pci, gpio, sata, and other stuff can be disabled and then it just uses a standard microsoft driver instead so i will do that for sure) And I dont have any motherboard specific drivers, i dont think thats even a thing on my board.

Intel drivers im more worried about, I dont think there are any installed except for the ones that I can find in the registry, I can give a screenshot if it would be of any use.