Looking to buy new GPU... Which one should I choose?

MacoyGG

Hello LTT Forums! 

It's time to say goodbye to my long lasting old GPU, MSI GTX 970, and say hello to something new and fresh.
My current specs are 
Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
TUF Gaming x570 Motherboard
2x 8GB G.Skill Aegis 3600mhz
NZXT 650w PSU
WD SN750 NVme + Samsung Evo SSD + old Western Digital HDD

and finally, my old GTX 970 MSI

I'm only playing 1080p @ 144hz, with a 60hz secondary monitor.
I mostly play competitive titles (CSGO, COD, Apex Legends, Dota 2, Starcraft 2 ect.), but I also love singleplayer experiences and Multiplayer/MMO's. (Elden Ring, The Witcher, Deus Ex, World Of Warcraft / FFXIV)
I also like to stream/record gameplay, and edit pictures/video footage using my PC! 

Budget (including currency): Around 335£ euro / 2500,- DKK / $356 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 1080p gaming, streaming/recording gameplay with OBS, light video/photo editing (Adobe)

Other details: I'm looking for something that can be a nice investment for future-proofing at least a couple of years. As of right now, I do not care about 1440p / 4K, and not looking to play in this resolution. I might look at 240hz monitor at some point in the future, so a GPU that can potentially fulfill that requirement will be a big plus. I also mainly buy secondhand hardware, so I would appreciate if someone can bring some insight into whether a RTX 20-series card is still a good buy secondhand, or if it's at the point of getting too "outdated" for the future.

I've been looking at RTX 2070 Super, RTX 3050/3060/3060ti/3070 and RX 6600 XT. 

Deals i've found so far, on secondhand GPU's in Denmark:
RTX 3060 Gigabyte Gaming OC @ approx $328 USD.
RTX 3060 Asus Dual @ approx $356 USD

GeForce RTX 3060TI @ minimum $392 USD

RTX 2060 Super @ approx $285 USD
RTX 2080 Super @ approx 
$392 USD 

RX 6600 XT (qick/merc) @ $356 USD

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to your feedback!

If you wanna go used, get an RTX 2070 if you can. Even a GTX 1070 is gonna be a good upgrade but not really worth it that much unless you can get it very cheap (120-140 euros) and have a plan for the 970 (gift / sell for 70, 80 bucks if you can).

If you wanna get something new, a 3060TI is fine for your CPU. 

5 minutes ago, Real_Smoky said:

If you wanna go used, get an RTX 2070 if you can. Even a GTX 1070 is gonna be a good upgrade but not really worth it that much unless you can get it very cheap (120-140 euros) and have a plan for the 970 (gift / sell for 70, 80 bucks if you can).

If you wanna get something new, a 3060TI is fine for your CPU. 

Ty for your input mate!
For second hand, the price for a rtx 2070 looks around the same price as a secondhand rtx 3060. Is it still a good deal to go for a 2070 then?

10 minutes ago, MacoyGG said:

Ty for your input mate!
For second hand, the price for a rtx 2070 looks around the same price as a secondhand rtx 3060. Is it still a good deal to go for a 2070 then?

2070 and 3060 are roughly the same in terms of performance.

A used 2070 Super would give you a decent leg up if you can find a good deal, though.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

14 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

2070 and 3060 are roughly the same in terms of performance.

A used 2070 Super would give you a decent leg up if you can find a good deal, though.

Think i'm gonna go with a second hand "Gigabyte RTX 3060 OC Gaming" @ 328 dollars.
Only second hand 2070 Super's I can find are @ 360 dollars minimum