Replacement for 3 year old Siberia V2s

goshirn

Hi, I've been using my Siberia V2's for almost 3 years and it died last week :(

I don't need a headset, I just need headphones, I got Senheiser CX 400II until I get over the ears, but my ears hurt with the looooong sessions that I have, I used my Siberia V2s for an average of 6 to 7 hours a day for the time that it lasted, the Senheiser in-ears I have are great for when I'm on the go to listen to music but are very uncomfortable after 2 hours and make my ears hurt...

So now to the budget, which is horrible, I can only spend up to 35€ on this... I can only use amazon.co.uk or a retailer that sends me stuff within EU (Portugal has stupid import taxes and things often get stuck at the docks).

I'm thinking about getting these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007SP2CO2 with shipping (Amazon stopped giving free super savers to my country) will come at 32€.

What do you think about them? In terms of audio quality, will they be as good as the Siberia V2? I don't really care that much about they not being made of metal or whatever, because I know I can't ask for much at this price, but I just want something that is as good in audio quality as my old Siberia V2s...

I do not know much about audio, the best audio experience I've had was with the Siberia V2s and because I'm so short on money I really have to make these ones count, because they will be used for a lot of hours per day!

• 1 month later...

I'm now, and have been for a week, a proud owner of the Superlux HD-681 Evo, the sound is different from what I was used with the Siberia, the Highs are a huge improvement and so is the sounds stage, it's much much bigger. I like the middles a little bit less and the bass is very good, were horrible out of the box but turned amazing after like 5-10 hours burn in. The bass and lows are different than with the siberias, they can be deeper but sometimes less full.

The point is: Overall the Superlux have a better and more proper sound quality than the Siberias, fake leather ear pads aren't that confortabla but the other ones that are included are amazingly confortable. Generally I just like the Superlux much better and listening to Resistance album on 5.1 virtual surround with my siberia external sound card is amazing! The sound is so much more awesome than with the siberias! The sound stage makes everything shine and with a better sound card and amp or dac I think the headphones could even sound better! Amazing price! Thank you so much for the suggestion!