Why Does Samsung Keep Sponsoring Me? – Odyssey OLED G8

Sveeno
13 hours ago, Senzelian said:

I was on the site... But why just believe me when you can make up bs, right?

("Only 5 available" it says in red on this site)

Screenshot_20221220-100124.thumb.png.3134e3cc8c773b80c411fab5394d8c09.png

That's not the same product. Odyssey Neo G8 is not the same as Odyssey G8 that much is made clear in the video. The non Neo version which is what the video is about is not available. But why look at my screenshots when you can just make up bs right?

23 hours ago, pr0n said:

Why are they doing a sponsored video for a product that literally cannot be purchased? It's not at any retailer and the Samsung page for it just has a marketing data gathering scam.... What's Samsung's motive here? 

Is using paid advertising to generate hype for a new product in advance of the time it's generally available really such a foreign concept to you? 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

14 minutes ago, pr0n said:

That's not the same product. Odyssey Neo G8 is not the same as Odyssey G8 that much is made clear in the video. The non Neo version which is what the video is about is not available. But why look at my screenshots when you can just make up bs right?

Nope, definitely the same product.

One top of that multiple other retailers have started stocking them now.

Are we done now? 🤦‍♂️

image.thumb.png.90aceb74cef6797b03aa7a9d29bdaa85.png

Can anyone find any info about that Firmware update that will enable amd freesync premium  pro ?

btw: Bought the Monitor 2 week ago, Love it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I’m really wanna buy this monitor but I have one question. I can’t find the difference in type/model. The one shown in the video is a S34BG85(think this is US?) and in the eu I only find the Samsung Odyssey G8 Neo LS34BG850 are they the same ? 

Specs say yes but why change the model name ? 

EB6DEBA3-FD91-430D-9682-C12528EFCCF0.png

EB581069-3364-48F8-8F07-EA15D87049B9.png

34 minutes ago, Freedomholland said:

Hi, I’m really wanna buy this monitor but I have one question. I can’t find the difference in type/model. The one shown in the video is a S34BG85(think this is US?) and in the eu I only find the Samsung Odyssey G8 Neo LS34BG850 are they the same ? 

Specs say yes but why change the model name ?

some specs might be similar, but could be different other specs. maybe it be some panels and processers/features.

not fully sure, but there is likely some reason for it. Also some change with the same name, so its hard to say unless they have something on that.

Hey everyone,

I've had this monitor for a bit more than a week now (bought 1290 $us in Switzerland) and so far the experience is great.

There has been a first firmware update (1421), which resolved a few bugs but there are still some (adaptive brightness not working (there seems to be a brightness sensor) and coresync light not syncing since I updated the firmware for instance) but those are rather minor. I didn't test the smart features so there might be some bugs there. Otherwise Freesync is working with HDR at 175 Hz (altough not labelled as "Pro" currently in the interface). The picture quality is truly amazing, particularly with dark contents.

I am waiting for a micro-HDMI cable to test the HDMI 2.1, which should enable 12 bit support (now I'm at 10bit, HDR, 175 Hz with the mini-DP). There are many options (such as brightness settings that may enable an unofficial HDR1000 mode like the Alienware), but the documentation is rather poor and it's difficult to understand what all of those do yet.

Also, I do a lot of coding and work from home, I don't notice the color fringing (perhaps it has been improved in Windows 11?). I've also asked other people to look at it and none noticed it.

Let me know if you have some questions.

• 2 months later...

Has Samsung confirmed this is a QD display?

I ask because on the product page specs it says, "

• Quantum Dot Color N/A"