i9 9900K or Ryzen 9 5950X

495Dynasty
Go to solution Solved by podkall,

So like, both are good choices, it depends what your friend needs,

the amd has dobule the cores, is newer and has similar speeds to the i9, (maybe higher IPC too)

but to give you a perspective, I linked a video, the AMD performs better, but it depends on the games, some games it's only few fps, other games it's 20 fps more...

The AMD shatters intel in productivity, but in gaming they come close, really dpeends on which games,

you could try finding benchmakrs of cpus individualy, but keep in mind they might use different GPU, so a benchmark where intel won over amd could be because it had a stronger gpu, the benchmark below uses similar components though.

and as @Poinkachu said, 64GB is alot, though I understand the system was probably used for productivity or something where that much ram was needed...

Budget (including currency):  Unlimited

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games like Cyberpunk, Witcher 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, etc.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I'm planning on building a pc for my friend, found two good deals from two sellers I know personally and can't really decide which to take. I already have a Super Flower 1200W Titanium PSU ready and a 3080 10G. The options are as follows:

This for 700 Euro:

CPU AMD 5950X
64GB (4x16) RAM Kingston Fury 3200mhz
EVGA FTW DARK X570 WIFI
Samsung EVO Plus 970 500GB (3200-3500MB/S) + 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
Noctua NH-D15
Seasonic 750W Gold

or This for 250 Euro:

i9 9900K

16GB G.Skill Trident Z Series, DDR4-3600, CL16

ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI)

240mm AIO

PS: I'm a huge EVGA fan and would maybe even keep the motherboard for myself

11 minutes ago, 495Dynasty said:

Budget (including currency):  Unlimited

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games like Cyberpunk, Witcher 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, etc.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I'm planning on building a pc for my friend, found two good deals from two sellers I know personally and can't really decide which to take. I already have a Super Flower 1200W Titanium PSU ready and a 3080 10G. The options are as follows:

This for 700 Euro:

CPU AMD 5950X
64GB (4x16) RAM Kingston Fury 3200mhz
EVGA FTW DARK X570 WIFI
Samsung EVO Plus 970 500GB (3200-3500MB/S) + 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
Noctua NH-D15
Seasonic 750W Gold

or This for 250 Euro:

i9 9900K

16GB G.Skill Trident Z Series, DDR4-3600, CL16

ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI)

240mm AIO

PS: I'm a huge EVGA fan and would maybe even keep the motherboard for myself

Does your friend need 64gb of ram ?

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

So like, both are good choices, it depends what your friend needs,

the amd has dobule the cores, is newer and has similar speeds to the i9, (maybe higher IPC too)

but to give you a perspective, I linked a video, the AMD performs better, but it depends on the games, some games it's only few fps, other games it's 20 fps more...

The AMD shatters intel in productivity, but in gaming they come close, really dpeends on which games,

you could try finding benchmakrs of cpus individualy, but keep in mind they might use different GPU, so a benchmark where intel won over amd could be because it had a stronger gpu, the benchmark below uses similar components though.

and as @Poinkachu said, 64GB is alot, though I understand the system was probably used for productivity or something where that much ram was needed...

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

What @podkall said above.

If your friend doesn't need 64gb ram, me personally would get the Intel one.
Why? Cheaper. Because I already have a 1200w PSU anyway.
Will need to buy him an SSD though.
The perf difference in game is not a dealbreaker.

Another comparison video.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Thanks a lot on all the suggestions and information. I decided on getting the i9 and somehow managed to get it down to 200€. And yeah 64GB would be a lot but I would most likely just save half of it and put it in another pc.

17 minutes ago, 495Dynasty said:

Thanks a lot on all the suggestions and information. I decided on getting the i9 and somehow managed to get it down to 200€. And yeah 64GB would be a lot but I would most likely just save half of it and put it in another pc.

Yeah, use the money for something else.
Keyboard, mouse, monitor. Anything that he might need.

Refresh before you reply