[Q] How to fix UniFi AP 6 Lite not using ‘Wired’ uplink? Not just disable meshing

Joshndroid

Hey All,
I seem to have a weird issue in which my UniFi AP 6 Lite used to connect via the wired uplink but now doesn’t and will mesh from another access point.
It was working for a while just fine, however as I usually do a periodic check in unifi connect I saw that it was no longer using the wired uplink hence this round of trouble shooting.
I have 2 other UniFi AC Lites working just fine using wired uplinks.
I have tried to turn off meshing in the AP’s settings however it doesn’t connect via the wired link anymore and just will stay isolated if i do that.
I have tried factory resetting, no luck
I have used a simple cable tester on each of the patch cables and the in wall run which all show as no broken connections, so it’s not that.
I am using the POE injector to save my POE switch so i unplugged that and tried to go through the POE switch and still has the same, not using uiplink issue.
I have a not been in the roof or climbing around or had any work done in that area or in the roof to damage/disturb the cable (plus there are a bundle of cables running the same length if one was cactus i would assume others were as well)

The only thing I can think of at the moment is something to do with the AP 6’s ethernet port is damaged/not working correctly so it can see the power but the data aspect of the connection is not doing anything

Anyone got any tips or things I can try??.. Kinda annoying when it is the best AP out of them all and I’m getting sub-par issue with it being the newest as well.

I would sincerely suggest posting on the Ubiquiti forums directly for this a la community.ui.com and then reference the community post in the event you need to do an RMA on it.

Ubiquiti's forums (various angry customer rants aside) are usually helpful with the community moderator/support directing you to directly work on a support ticket with them if necessary, or you could skip that and use help.ui.com and file an official ticket directly (help.ui.com -> Support Resources at the top right -> contact support).

9 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Ubiquiti's forums (various angry customer rants aside) are usually helpful with the community moderator/support directing you to directly work on a support ticket with them if necessary, or you could skip that and use help.ui.com and file an official ticket directly (help.ui.com -> Support Resources at the top right -> contact support).

Thanks I have posted there as well

I know you mentioned you used a cable tester, but I've run into the same thing where a cheap cable tester indicated everything was fine, and then I pulled the AP off the wall and brought it over to the switch and tested with a new patch cable, and ta-da, it works. I would try that out first.

If you have multiple access points then try swapping place with two of them. Just swap the currently non-working AP with one that do work. Do not swap the cables, PoE injector or anything else. 

Does the same AP still exhibit issues? Then it's an issue with the AP. Does the AP that previously had issues now work in the new location, and the other AP now has issues? Then it's something with the cable, PoE injector or the switch.

Have you removed it and plugged it straight into the switch or router and see if it works  that way? Sounds like bad ethernet. 

• 8 months later...

Sorry to answer this so very late, stubled over this thread since i googled the same issue. The issue seems to be a long time open display bug in the topology feature of the frontend. The solution is to trust your wiring, turn off meshing, and ignore what is beeing displayed. Shame really for such an expensive product - but i guess as long as it works it should be fine

https://community.ui.com/questions/3-x-UAP-1-is-showing-another-AP-as-an-uplink-All-3-direct-to-PoE-switch/999d19dc-4870-4541-a73b-4b0f6c523686