E-Arc (HDMI to RCA)

yaboi824

Hi all,

So I have a slight issue and I don't know how to go about fixing it or I do but just seems to simple... So I recently got a new tv with E-arc with the HDMI plug but the stereo for the surround Speakers are all RCA, DO i just need a normal HDMI to RCA cable to get the sound into my stereo over the E-Arc. Very new to how E-Arc even works. Any help appreciated.

There are cheap ARC Extractors, which act as a reciever and have RCA jacks on them. But most of them only support 48kHz, 192kHz Versions are more expensive most of the time.

1 minute ago, Plermpel said:

There are cheap ARC Extractors, which act as a reciever and have RCA jacks on them. But most of them only support 48kHz, 192kHz Versions are more expensive most of the time.

Thank you, Would this be a good ARC Extractor? https://www.amazon.ca/Extractor-Converter-Support-Digital-Coaxial/dp/B08XV2B6T4

If you only have a stereo setup, that's fine.

And, "h0LY $hiT" those things are expensive in CA, the same Extractor costs 19€ in germany.

EDIT.: Don't forget to buy a short HDMI Cable with it, you can just glue that thing to the back of you TV than and support it it with the TVs USB power. I did that a while ago before I changed me setup.

Does the TV not have any other audio outputs, like optical? A converter for that might be cheaper and get pretty well the same results. Or, your stereo receiver might have an optical input, and that would at least get you 5.1 surround.

36 minutes ago, Plermpel said:

If you only have a stereo setup, that's fine.

And, "h0LY $hiT" those things are expensive in CA, the same Extractor costs 19€ in germany.

EDIT.: Don't forget to buy a short HDMI Cable with it, you can just glue that thing to the back of you TV than and support it it with the TVs USB power. I did that a while ago before I changed me setup.

Will a long HDMI cable be bad for the sound performance? And powering it by the USB on the TV is a good idea thank you for that.

8 minutes ago, seanondemand said:

Does the TV not have any other audio outputs, like optical? A converter for that might be cheaper and get pretty well the same results. Or, your stereo receiver might have an optical input, and that would at least get you 5.1 surround.

unfortunately no the stereo box only has RCA I checked that yesterday too as the TV itself has a optical, would've been nice if it did have optical though. (https://www.samsung.com/ca/lifestyle-tvs/the-frame/highlights/ this is the TV although its a couple years older than the current)

21 minutes ago, yaboi824 said:

Will a long HDMI cable be bad for the sound performance?

Not at all, but you don't have a roll of HDMI dangling arround the back of your TV then.

22 minutes ago, yaboi824 said:

the TV itself has a optical

You could also use a optical to RCA converter in that case, maybe cheaper, but some of them have a crap DA-Converter.

3 minutes ago, Plermpel said:

Not at all, but you don't have a roll of HDMI dangling arround the back of your TV then.

You could also use a optical to RCA converter in that case, maybe cheaper, but some of them have a crap DA-Converter.

I see, to be honest rolling up a cable and saving a few bucks is fine, and optical sounds nice but the recover doesn’t even have that unfortunately, so the HDMI ARC would be the best route to go.

Don't waste money on a adapter etc.

Replace the sound system entirely as it's not compatible.

Av receiver and speakers, subwoofer.

Simple and easiest solution. 

Why make this complicated? 

20 minutes ago, sm1th5 said:

ummmm cost? you just recommended a hundreds of dollars fix.

45 minutes ago, sm1th5 said:

23 minutes ago, circeseye said:

ummmm cost? you just recommended a hundreds of dollars fix.

I am on a budget and everything I have works well, for now spending a couple bucks is fine a few hundred not so much.

27 minutes ago, yaboi824 said:

those are both made by the same factory just relabeled with different brand. just get the cheaper one...at least if arc dont work right you can fall back to spdif

On 12/14/2022 at 6:07 PM, circeseye said:

those are both made by the same factory just relabeled with different brand. just get the cheaper one...at least if arc dont work right you can fall back to spdif

Thank you, I had to go with the more expensive one because it didn't have an SPDIF cord and the other one did came out to be cheaper than if I bought the cheaper one and then buy the SPDIF cord.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, sm1th5 said:

In the long term. If you buy an adapter then buy an receiver at a later date it costs even more dollars. That's why I say put the money towards new receiver. 

You unwilling to have a easy and simple solution? 

Or you rather have it complicated? 

You said this already and the user already said a new AV Receiver is out of their budget. You have no idea when they'll even want to upgrade to a new AV Receiver - their current one might last another 5-10 years for all you know.

Besides, if the converter still works, they can always sell it on Facebook Marketplace or craigslist, etc to recoup some of the cost.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)