Fitness band for mother

Baterka

I am trying to find Fitness band for my mother. She is a casual runner and cyslist.

Things I need:

- Music control (Android)

- Battery life of more than 1-2 day (with full use)

- Small size so it easily fits her wrist

- Always on

Things that I nessesarily dont need:

- GPS

- NFC

I see that there is many options, but Xiaomi Mi Band 7, Xiaomi Mi Band Pro, Amazfit Band 7 or Amazfit GTR 4 Mini caugth my eye. Price is in range that is acceptable for me and features + size too.

Any reccmendations? Tips? Warning about above mentioned?

Website programmer & Electrician & PC HW lover!

I got the mi band 7, works nicely. I don't wear it every day, but typically, a full day consumed about 15% of battery life even with constant heartbeat tracking (once every minute). I personally got a metal band for it to make it a bit more stylish. It came with a cheap rubber/silicone band, wasn't a fan of that. There's plenty of options available that you can order online, like leather, nylon...

The only thing I don't like about it, is the automated workout tracker. It just doesn't really work. You really have to start them manually. If you go out for a run, it might just start thinking you're running after 5 minutes, for example. Hence the need to start the workout manually. Which can be done as fast as 1 swipe and 2 press.
It does track your steps and is fairly accurate from my own counting and comparing to what the watch said it was at.

There's really no real need to use the "workout" feature, IMO. You can just track them with the heartbeats, which has range from Warm-up, Fat-burn, Aerobic, Anaerobic and Extreme. And the steps. It just nice for the app to tell you how much "calories" you supposedly burned during that workout.

The watch faces and list of "apps" is customizable. And with it, I learned that it wasn't just my imagination, I barely sleep at night. I get maybe 1 hour of actual sleep and the rest is just tossing.

That said, personally, I nerfed the capabilities of the watch. I'm not allowing the app access to the internet (using NetGuard), my contact, phone, messages or what have you. It's only purpose is basically to record my heartrate, my steps and blood oxygen level. This might be why I can pick the watch 2 weeks later and it still has at least 40% charge in it, because it's not constantly trying to connect wirelessly to my phone. The only time it "syncs" with my phone is if I open the app. So my experience isn't the same experience as others. I just wanted a fitness tracker without all the extra garbage and this one fit the bill and wasn't too expensive compared to other options.

I also like that I can "lock" the watch with a passcode, so if it's removed, no one can use it.

This is an example of the watchface I use.

image.png.7ce5ed14db9e50079e6be47dd743801a.png
I didn't wear it all day, that's why I got 0 steps in. I made it display the time in 24h, but this watchface was designed for 12h (am, pm)

Has the weather, my steps, my heartbeat, the time , battery remaining, etc... If I swipe left or right, it can have other stuff that is configurable. If I swipe up, it has options like starting a timer, a stopwatch, a workout, etc etc... All the options can be hidden or shown depending on whether you want to use them or not. Swipe down is for phone notifications. But I disabled those so it doesn't matter to me.

Oh and it does has music control. But because I didn't allow access to my files, it doesn't work for me. GPS is only if it can connect to a phone and use location service and there's no NFC.

Example of a previous "workout" I did, of 20 minutes indoor cycling
That's basically all the info starting a workout proper gives, quite frankly, not worth the hassle :

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.e4d8b21f19bdb41a9c2a2e367023ba87.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0bc49a1b8a2635f29cd6184e6c150343.jpeg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro