I made this RAM you’ve never seen before - Micron Factory Tour (SPONSORED)

BellLMG
47 minutes ago, vsteel said:

We are high vacuum, we get photo resist spun on by a track, straight from the bottle and filtered with verified particle counts to qual the bottle.  No manual processing so we take the human element out of it.  All processing happens in a machine chamber, no idiotic colleague issues here for the most part.  Always told new people, always keep resist out of the diffusion furnace and metal out of the piranha tank and you will be OK.  🙂

Yeah, that ain't happening at most university labs, except maybe a few rich private American universities.

And aaaawwww, I wanted to prepare my pizzas in that diffusion furnace! Meanwhile, based on the events of a couple of years at a university lab, I can put forth the following proposals:

• Don't press the emergency stop for the high voltage busbars that supply the deposition equipment because you think you left your tweezers inside the CVD chamber.
  • Keep the solvents away from the oxidizers,
  • Do not attempt to neutralize that 10L beaker or bath of acid in one go,
  • Do not press the emergency stop on a machine that uses gasses from the gas bunkers because you forgot to load all your samples into the chamber.
  • Do not clean gas sensors inside gas bottle storage cabinets using  solvents.
  • Do not pour liquid nitrogen on top of the pressure release valve of a detector's dewar vessel.
  • Don't run a high power UV lamp for adhesive curing with the bottle of photoresist standing next to you.
  • Do not attempt to clean the inside of sputtering equipment without wearing a respirator.
  • Please go outside if you feel the need to puke. Puke is somewhat of a deterrent to particle control and should not go into a bucket for you to continue working after you hid said bucket in a service area.
  • Check the cooling water fittings on equipment that's been in use for the last decade at least once a year.
  • Check which gas detection sensors are present in which fume hood before mixing HCl with anything else.
  • Try not to mix your solution for SC1 with your solution for SC2 and then act all surprised and organize twenty quality control meetings when you get deposits on your wafer due to your own damned stupidity.

I could continue for a while, but you get the gist of I suspect. 🙂 In hindsight, I must be crazy given that I accepted a new university posting a couple of weeks ago... 

• 3 weeks later...