i can't connect power cable to the motherboard.

kerriya
Go to solution Solved by kerriya,

nvm i was just trying to connect it the wrong way💀

i just built a new pc but i didn't have enough money for a new psu so i just pulled it out of my old pc. but now i can't connect power cable to the motherboard even when i apply pressure. 

also what is this? (the thing in first pic)

20221209_210150.jpg

20221209_210119.jpg

20221209_210042.jpg

nvm i was just trying to connect it the wrong way💀

What sort of system are you trying to run on what's effectively a 120W PSU?

:)

The 24pin connector on your motherboard looks damaged, also what power supply is that? Judging from the cables it looks like a low quality unit, it may be one that you don't want to use in your system at all. The power supply is absolutely a component you do not want to get a cheap low quality unit of, you can risk not only the motherboard but any other component it is plugged into.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

19 minutes ago, seon123 said:

What sort of system are you trying to run on what's effectively a 120W PSU?

i don't have gpu yet so that's fine

10 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

The 24pin connector on your motherboard looks damaged, also what power supply is that? Judging from the cables it looks like a low quality unit, it may be one that you don't want to use in your system at all. The power supply is absolutely a component you do not want to get a cheap low quality unit of, you can risk not only the motherboard but any other component it is plugged into.

yes its damaged but it works. and this psu i don't know its just a 10 yr old psu from my old pc. i don't have gpu so it will be fine if i will use this psu for 1 month right?

24 minutes ago, MightyMic said:

The connection on your motherboard is quite damaged...

it was that way when i bought it the seller tested it in front of me and it was perfectly fine.

14 minutes ago, kerriya said:

yes its damaged but it works. and this psu i don't know its just a 10 yr old psu from my old pc. i don't have gpu so it will be fine if i will use this psu for 1 month right?

If it's so hard to get the money together to buy stuff, I wouldn't risk using a psu made for Pentium 4 or older.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

21 minutes ago, kerriya said:

Sorry I didn't notice you had the PSU label in the pictures. Uhh, I mean theoretically it should but I wouldn't risk it. Even without a GPU. Those cheap PSUs are really risky especially if they're 10+ years old. I mean if you're ok with risking all of your other parts to use save some money for a month it's up to you.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |