Red VGA light, no monitor output

TheRomanRuler

First of all, i did read pinned threads before posting this. 

Yesterday, when i turned off ny PC, it all started normally, but my PC just stayed on. Monitors, keyboard, mouse, all were dark. After 5-10 minutes of waiting i had to shut it down by holding the button and go to sleep. Weird, PC had worked normally all day. 

Today i tried to start it, and it does start but i get no monitor input. Keyboard and mouse stay dark too. 

I have tried everything in this ithread

I am just not sure if my BIOS is reset. I tried to press the button, and also removed the battery for 10 minutes. Without monitor input i guess its impossible to say. 

My system:

windows 10 64 Bit Pro

MSI X470 Gaming Plus

Ryzen 7 2700X Eight core CPU

Asus RX 6600. I did however also try my old R9 390 which i had run in this PC for multiple years without issues. 

32 GB of RAM (4x8GB), Ripjaws V, DDR4 3200MHz, CL16)

Corsair RM 850

Only remotely new part of the PC is RX 6600 which i have been using few weeks now, and BIOS version which i succesfully updated few weeks ago. 

Only weird thing about it was that AMD auto detect tried to install Pro edition drivers to my 6600... Very weird. But my friend on completely  different setup also had some issues with AMD driver updates, so propably not related to my PC? My card has been working pretty well too. 

What did you do on your pc before it turned off? Can you try (this is a bad idea do in a controlled environment) artificially heating up  your temperature sensors to see of you get a overheating beep to confirm the pc is on?

Its propably the software/drivers and not the hardware itself. Do you have another drive that you can test with it?

Omg, it's a signature!

5 minutes ago, Take my memes said:

What did you do on your pc before it turned off? Can you try (this is a bad idea do in a controlled environment) artificially heating up  your temperature sensors to see of you get a overheating beep to confirm the pc is on?

Its propably the software/drivers and not the hardware itself. Do you have another drive that you can test with it?

Right before i had been watching youtube and talking on Discord. Hardly very demanding to any system. 

I dont know where my temperature sensors are, and i dont have anything i could use to heat it either. 

By drive, do you mean my boot disk? I dont have anything else, no. But i did disconnect ny SSDs and HDDs and everything and boot with only GPU, CPU, coolers, power supply and mothebroardand 1 monitor in HDMI cable.  Still did not even get any input. 

19 hours ago, My_Computer_Is_Trash said:

What do you mean by red vga light? Could you send a picture?

Ez debug VGA light. They are not supposed to be on expect maybe a brief flash during startup. And processor light does briefly flash, but VGA light is what stays on for good. 

Here is a picture

20221210_142120.jpg

Its little hard to see light in this picture since my camera sucks so i had to use a flash. Its on the right, right on top of those cables where it says "EZ Debug Led"

13 hours ago, TheRomanRuler said:

Ez debug VGA light. They are not supposed to be on expect maybe a brief flash during startup. And processor light does briefly flash, but VGA light is what stays on for good. 

Here is a picture

20221210_142120.jpg

Its little hard to see light in this picture since my camera sucks so i had to use a flash. Its on the right, right on top of those cables where it says "EZ Debug Led"

I think I solved it :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

https://www.msi.com/support/technical_details/MB_Boot_No_Display

Omg, it's a signature!

11 hours ago, My_Computer_Is_Trash said:

I think I solved it :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

https://www.msi.com/support/technical_details/MB_Boot_No_Display

But i tried all of those already. Thank you for youe help though!

Atm i am buying new replacement motherboard for same hardware. If it works, i'll keep using it, if it does not i think i have to return the motherboard and take my PC to an expert.

I am really uncomfortable with changing motherboard, but i have changed all other parts myself, i think i can change motherboard as well. 

9 hours ago, TheRomanRuler said:

But i tried all of those already. Thank you for youe help though!

Atm i am buying new replacement motherboard for same hardware. If it works, i'll keep using it, if it does not i think i have to return the motherboard and take my PC to an expert.

I am really uncomfortable with changing motherboard, but i have changed all other parts myself, i think i can change motherboard as well. 

Hmmmmmmm... Have you trued contacting MSI?

Omg, it's a signature!

On 12/12/2022 at 12:29 AM, My_Computer_Is_Trash said:

Hmmmmmmm... Have you trued contacting MSI?

I tried. They want me to boot my system/os and get some data from there before they will adress my issue... Which is kind of impossible when i cant even connect to either of my monitors. 

Previously i had gotten good advice from their forums but my experience from official support has been bad since, well, i was not even able to open a ticket or anything... and not just limited to MSI either.

28 minutes ago, TheRomanRuler said:

I tried. They want me to boot my system/os and get some data from there before they will adress my issue... Which is kind of impossible when i cant even connect to either of my monitors. 

Previously i had gotten good advice from their forums but my experience from official support has been bad since, well, i was not even able to open a ticket or anything... and not just limited to MSI either.

Yikes, good luck...

Geek Squad?

Omg, it's a signature!

On 12/10/2022 at 7:24 AM, TheRomanRuler said:

Here is a picture

~Snipped~

It's telling you there's an issue with the VGA either there is something wrong or is missing, failing to POST. 

Try clearing CMOS??? Long shot of anything happening. If you already tried your older R9 390 and still get the red VGA light, there's a good chance there is something wrong with the board. Reseat the card just to make sure you're getting a proper connection. 

On 12/11/2022 at 8:28 AM, TheRomanRuler said:

Shouldn't be that much difficult if you can swap out other parts. 

On 12/9/2022 at 10:18 AM, TheRomanRuler said:

Only remotely new part of the PC is RX 6600 which i have been using few weeks now, and BIOS version which i succesfully updated few weeks ago. 

Referring to the vBIOS on the 6600? Or BIOS on the motherboard? Just clarification.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"