BLOS88

hello 

i ordered  5 noctua fans, but my mobo doesnt have so much fan conectors only 3

so i ordered noctua extension cables

i need to install 3 on the bottom but with only one i cant

i have this picture if is posible or i will have any problems

my plan is to use one cable and plug 2 of them on each side with 2 extensions

imagen_2022-12-07_231228025.png

Obviously you "can" do it but the real question is "should" I do it.  The problem is current draw.  You would need to check the current draw of just one of the fans and then multiply it by four because that is the total number of fans connected to the cords.  Then you would need to compare that number against the amount of current supplied to the fan connection on the motherboard.

If the total current drawn by the four fans exceeds the total current provided by the connection on the motherboard then you should not really hook them up that way.  Current overdraw can be a serious problem with today's motherboards and if a current overdraw is detected during the boot up process, then most likely the computer will not boot.

Good Luck.

Looking at your motherboard manual, it says the CPU header can output up to 1 amp, but doesn't say how much for chassis fan headers that i could find. That being said, the noctua NF-f12's have a max current of 0.05 amps. I assume most of noctua's fans are about the same, so 5 of these fans would draw .25amps, and i think an ASUS tuf motherboard would handle that without an issue on any fan header. you may want to see if someone else chimes in and agrees just to make sure my math and logic is correct, but you are probably fine.

i have:

Noctua NH-D15 chromax. black usin the 2 fans that came with the cooler on the top of the mobo

i ordered:

Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM x3

Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWMx1

and i will use:

Noctua NA-SYC1 chromax.red Y  x3 as the picture i posted

asus tuf b450m-pro gaming has 3x 1a 12v fan headers

most fans are 12v, noctua ippc does have 24v ones... make sure u don't get 24v ones

D15 fans are 2x NF-A15 HS-PWM, 0.13a max (so total = 0.26a)

those A15 with NA-SYC1 on 1 cpu fan header will work (0.26a < 1a)

NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM is 0.3a max per fan, total = 0.9a

so 3 on 1a fan header (use 2 SYC1) works as long as you don't run them all at max speed

i typically use up to 80% amp of fan header for safety reason, don't wanna burn up mobo fan header yo

NF-P12 redux-1700 is 0.09a max

like @matt0725mention, as long as amps for all fans combine don't exceed fan header then yer good

EDIT: FYI "NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM" only use 0.1a, 3 times less than the 3000 ones

or if u can afford it, grab nf-a12x25 chromax (0.14a) instead of nf-f12-ippc-3000 (0.3a)

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini