Can you run sound on internal GPU and video on external GPU?

flac_rules

I use a HTPC, i have recently got a new TV, but my receiver is old and does not support all the features of the TV, so i would like to output the sound to the Receiver via one HDMI (the internal GPU) and the picture via the other HDMI (the graphics card), is that even possible? And if not, can i use 2 separate HDMIs if i get a graphics card with 2x hdmi?

2 minutes ago, NavyCobra1417 said:

Does the receiver show up in windows sound settings?

It does if i connect it to the GPU. 

16 minutes ago, flac_rules said:

It does if i connect it to the GPU. 

But not if connected to iGPU?

If you do connect the receiver to the GPU; are you able to run video to your desired display, and audio to the receiver?

Edit: I just reread the original question and it sounds like your GPU only has a single HDMI. If it also has displayport, can you use a DP -> HDMI cable instead of getting a new GPU?

15 minutes ago, NavyCobra1417 said:

But not if connected to iGPU?

If you do connect the receiver to the GPU; are you able to run video to your desired display, and audio to the receiver?

Edit: I just reread the original question and it sounds like your GPU only has a single HDMI. If it also has displayport, can you use a DP -> HDMI cable instead of getting a new GPU?

I am changing out the HTPC, i don't have an iGPU now, I want to know if this works before i buy new equipment.