"System" uses about 25% of cpu after about 5 min of being afk

QBsmartguy
Go to solution Solved by aDoomGuy,

It's the way Windows is designed. It's doing tasks in the background when idle to avoid slowing down user experience when someone is using the PC.

Well as the title says I've been having this issue where my laptop's fans start spining quite fast after about 5 minutes of not doing anything. I've noticed that the program "System" starts using about 25% of my cpu after about 5 min. Anyway I can fix this?

Windows 10 Home Version: 22H2 OS build: 19045.2251
i9-9880H

16gb ram

(If more info is needed please tell me! It's my first time posting here.)

It's the way Windows is designed. It's doing tasks in the background when idle to avoid slowing down user experience when someone is using the PC.

2 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Ah okay good to know, is there a way to lower the amount of cpu it uses or do I just have to deal with it?

Just now, QBsmartguy said:

Ah okay good to know, is there a way to lower the amount of cpu it uses or do I just have to deal with it?

It should pause background operations when you interact to a certain degree with the machine if that's what you're worried about? No I don't think there is a way to lower usage, it would just make the process take more time anyway.

31 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

It should pause background operations when you interact to a certain degree with the machine if that's what you're worried about? No I don't think there is a way to lower usage, it would just make the process take more time anyway.

Aight good to know, thanks for the help!