Asus ROG Strix x670e-e Green Boot LED no BIOS

Asus Rog Strix x670 green boot light.

Just recently finished this build and I keep getting this green light. When it gets to this point, on my display I see the ROG logo and the prompt to press del to go to BIOS but pressing del does nothing.

I’ve tried:

* reseating the GPU.
* reseating the CPU
* reseating my m.2s 
* using one m.2 at a time
* using no m.2s
* reseating the ram
* using one stick at a time 
* making sure all cable connections are secure
* resetting the CMOS
* removing the cmos for 30 seconds

Literally nothing I’ve tried has worked. I can’t figure it out. I spent about $3600 on this build and it has me pretty upset. 

Below are the specs: 

* Case: Lian Li LANCOOL III RGB ATX Mid Tower Case
* CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 4.5 GHz 16-Core Processor
* Cooler: Corsair iCue H150 Elite LCD
* Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI ATX AM5
* GPU: NVIDIA Founders Edition GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24 GB
* Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000
* Storage: WD Black SN770 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe NVME Solid State Drive (x2)
* PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P5 1000W Fully Modular 80+ Platinum

CD5257EC-B385-4F6B-A436-2C505DD1620E.jpeg

Things literally dead

Straight up 00 means its not even attempting to post

Reseat cpu and check if the cpu 8 pin is connected or not

Hold Down DEL until you are in Bios this is usually preset as default, but pay attention not to make changes by not releasing button after you get in.

As for post tests, they are done outside the case: rubber mat, PSU, MB, CPU, CPU Cooler, GPU (if needed), RAM, Monitor & Cables. Nothing Else !

Let me know what you get outside the case.

00 on ASUS more often than not means the CPU is not detected or installed. So try reseating it. Make sure all 8pins are plugged in. And check if the board has any bent socket pins since it's AM5, hell even try also taking out one ram stick (A2 slot)

39 minutes ago, Cyberat said:

Hold Down DEL until you are in Bios this is usually preset as default, but pay attention not to make changes by not releasing button after you get in.

As for post tests, they are done outside the case: rubber mat, PSU, MB, CPU, CPU Cooler, GPU (if needed), RAM, Monitor & Cables. Nothing Else !

Let me know what you get outside the case.

I can’t get into the bios though. It just sits at the ROG splash screen and pressing or holding delete or f2 does nothing. I also tried flashing the BIOS but that didn’t work either. 

im also getting a 00 Q-code, which I’ve been told means a variety of problems since it’s a catch all code. 

14 minutes ago, AxS said:

00 on ASUS more often than not means the CPU is not detected or installed. So try reseating it. Make sure all 8pins are plugged in. And check if the board has any bent socket pins since it's AM5, hell even try also taking out one ram stick (A2 slot)

I’ve tried all of that and still getting the same error. CPU looked fine, no pins were bent, thermal paste had a good spread, cpu 8pins are connected correctly on both the mb side and psu side. And during post, the cpu led flicks on and off which I think would mean the cpu is fine. 

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Things literally dead

Straight up 00 means its not even attempting to post

Reseat cpu and check if the cpu 8 pin is connected or not

Tried that and still am getting the same error. 

1 minute ago, ZombieSlayaMr said:

I’ve tried all of that and still getting the same error. CPU looked fine, no pins were bent, thermal paste had a good spread, cpu 8pins are connected correctly on both the mb side and psu side. And during post, the cpu led flicks on and off which I think would mean the cpu is fine. 

1 hour ago, ZombieSlayaMr said:

Tried that and still am getting the same error. 

image.png.65913381e7c147478b8f6c8145b4a200.png

Plug your Windows USB installer in.... It's stuck trying to find a boot device..

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, IkeaGnome said:

image.png.65913381e7c147478b8f6c8145b4a200.png

Plug your Windows USB installer in.... It's stuck trying to find a boot device..

Also tried that and got nothing, but I’ll try again in the morning. Too tired at the moment 

On 12/6/2022 at 8:03 AM, ZombieSlayaMr said:

Thermal paste doesn't do anything with it not posting necessarily. 

If everything looks normal. Check the back of the MB to make sure you haven't managed to scratch anything. 

Or the CPU or mobo is potentially dead

Asus often has BIOS FLBK on more premium motherboards. So it could potentially be you need to flash a new BIOS you find on the manufacturers website 

To clear the CMOS properly, you need to take out the battery, turn it back on without it. Shut down, put it back in. Beware static electricity, and as always unplug the PSU power cord from the wall or whatever you use, before you work on MB.

• 3 weeks later...

Asus Rog Strix x670 green boot light.

CPU: Ryzen 9 7950x

NZXT Z73 AIO cooler 360mm

Lian Li 001 Dynamic case

Lian Li SL120 3 pack ( 2 sets) front and bottom.

Corsair Vengeance RAM 32gb 5600

Samsung NVME M.2 980 Pro 2TB

PSU - Rog Thor 1000P2  

USB hub - NZXT internal USB hub

Lian Li Strimer RGB extension 24 pin and dual 8pin

I have this same exact issue. Steps tried:

Reseated CPU

Tried all RAM sticks one by one, even in single A2 or B2 slow - no change

Removed Samsung M.2 NVME - same issue

Removed all USB headers - same issue

Removed front panel case cable and started PC manually via the touching the screwdriver to the PWR pin  - same issue

Removed GPU - same issue

Tried HDMi via Onboard graphics instead of display port - same issue

Reinserted the 24 pin cable as well as the 8 pin CPU cables - same issue

Checked all PSU cables and reinserted them - no change stuck with same boot led

Cleared CMOS by removing battery and waiting 10 minutes

Also flashed to latest BIOS 0805 via BIOS flashback via USB stick. I believed I have flashed it correctly, but can't get into bios to confirm the bios version.

Are you still in this boat? If not and got it resolved, please let me know your solution as I am willing to try it as well.

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem. I have the 670e-e paired with a 7700x and Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR5 5600MHz. The message on the board is 00 and led is green, nothing happens. 

I have flashed the BIOS with latest version, cleared CMOS, all that I can think of....still nothing.

If I turn off the PC by holding down the power button, my keyboard stays on...which I find very odd.

Did anyone find a solution to this problem?

Thanks for sharing any tips and trick to make this work...

I too also have this problem.. I don't see the bios screen however. Its just a black screen and I have to hard power it off.

Sometimes it'll go to a failed to boot screen and I can press F1 to get to BIOS. Otherwise I can fix by pressing reset CMOS battery... for a bit, and after turning the PC off for a while and turning back on, same thing will happen.

Also noticing the 00 code and green light lit on boot led.

I've noticed on some occasions also that it can default to setting Secure Boot to Other OS, which windows 11 refuses to boot using, changing back to Windows UEFI fixes it.

Would appreciate any tips too.