Pc restarts during Gaming when power outage even with Ups attached. In idle or web browsing, my pc is fine, no restart when power cut off .

Go to solution Solved by Alex Atkin UK,

They weren't wrong about the PSU but they forgot to be specific, its only a high-end model that "might" help.

Some UPS take longer to switchover than others and a higher quality PSU may have bigger capacitors which are more likely to keeps your PC running while the UPS is switching from mains power to battery.  Its not a guarantee though as this is ultimately a UPS problem that ideally would be solved by getting one with a faster switchover time or an active UPS which keeps the inverter running at all times so has zero switchover time (but will use more electricity and potentially make an audible noise all the time).

You also really want a UPS that is at least double the power output your PC will take, as due to the switchover time your PC will cause a power surge as those capacitors charge back up so can end up causing the UPS to overload.  I found that out the hard way.

my pc spec

i7-7700 

msi rx 580 armor oc 8gb

psu corsair cv 650w bronze 80 plus

UPS - powerpro 1250va 

one of my friend suggested me to change psu to overcome this problem ,then i changed old evga 700w 80 plus to new corsair cv 650w bronze 80 plus

last night when i was gaming , the pc restarts with the power outage and the ups vibrated like it can't handle my pc wattage. 

Do i need to upgrade my ups to 1550va/900w ? 

please someone help me

They weren't wrong about the PSU but they forgot to be specific, its only a high-end model that "might" help.

Some UPS take longer to switchover than others and a higher quality PSU may have bigger capacitors which are more likely to keeps your PC running while the UPS is switching from mains power to battery.  Its not a guarantee though as this is ultimately a UPS problem that ideally would be solved by getting one with a faster switchover time or an active UPS which keeps the inverter running at all times so has zero switchover time (but will use more electricity and potentially make an audible noise all the time).

You also really want a UPS that is at least double the power output your PC will take, as due to the switchover time your PC will cause a power surge as those capacitors charge back up so can end up causing the UPS to overload.  I found that out the hard way.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

On 12/5/2022 at 11:03 AM, Alex Atkin UK said:

Thankyou sir , I will upgrade my old ups to a brand new UPS with fast transfer time and large power.