Wireless speakers for Tv? (google home minis?)

ryanwilc

From my kitchen we have a great view of our tv. I love being able to wash dishes while watching the newest YouTube video.

The issues is I have to turn my TV way up to hear it while washing dishes. 

What would be the best way to put a speaker in my kitchen and still be able to have audio at the tv?

have an old Chromecast, a Roku and an LG smart TV ( no Bluetooth). I have google home minis throughout my house so I would love to utilize those if possible. 

What's the best and cheapest way to make this happen? I don't need amazing sound quality 

41 minutes ago, ryanwilc said:

From my kitchen we have a great view of our tv. I love being able to wash dishes while watching the newest YouTube video.

The issues is I have to turn my TV way up to hear it while washing dishes. 

What would be the best way to put a speaker in my kitchen and still be able to have audio at the tv?

have an old Chromecast, a Roku and an LG smart TV ( no Bluetooth). I have google home minis throughout my house so I would love to utilize those if possible. 

What's the best and cheapest way to make this happen? I don't need amazing sound quality 

If you use the Roku, you can do remote listening using headphones, but I don't know if you'd be able to pump the sound through the home mini.

Edit:

It WORKED!*

in Home:

Select speaker to cast audio to,

Then choose remote listening in the Roku remote app

Select content.

Crank the volume.

*The latency is nauseating 

2 minutes ago, Thomas4 said:

Roku themselves make wireless speakers for about $150 US.

But since they're Bluetooth, any Bluetooth speakers should work.

Roku "Bluetooth speakers" are interesting. The Roku device (stream box/tv) have locked down Bluetooth which only works with THEIR speakers and remote listening through the app  

2 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

If you use the Roku, you can do remote listening using headphones, but I don't know if you'd be able to pump the sound through the home mini.

Edit:

It WORKED!*

in Home:

Select speaker to cast audio to,

Then choose remote listening in the Roku remote app

Select content.

Crank the volume.

*The latency is nauseating 

Unfortunately I have the cheaper Roku with out the head phone option. 

The remote listening on my phone might work though. It has a latency adjustment but idk how much it can adjust. 

Is there a device that could grab the audio out from my TV and just directly cast it

11 hours ago, ryanwilc said:

Is there a device that could grab the audio out from my TV and just directly cast it

Without Bluetooth in the tv, you'd need something to grab the audio and then pass it through to something to broadcast it.