Laptop has no Support for S0-Sleep?

Hello,

I watched the LTT-Video about the battery problem with Laptops. So I checked my Acer Predator and it says that S3 is supported but not S0.

(On the top are the things supported:(Standby(S3) ,Standby ,Hibernate(if I translate correctly) ,Fast Boot(If i translate correctly). Not Supported are: Standby(S1), Standby(S2), Standby(S0))

So have I gotten one of the rare laptops on the market with S3-Standby?

912718805_Screenshot(497).thumb.jpg.e44a577abcce4a83579f9fb96166cf7c.jpg

22 minutes ago, Privat344 said:

So have I gotten one of the rare laptops on the market with S3-Standby?

They are not rare, it's just that a lot of recently released laptops lack support but not all of them.

Older laptops support it.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

19 hours ago, Vishera said:

They are not rare, it's just that a lot of recently released laptops lack support but not all of them.

Im currently in the market for a new laptop. Any good resource to check if it supports S0 or not? Cause that could legitimately be a deal breaker for my use case tbh

On 12/3/2022 at 11:29 PM, Vishera said:

My Laptop is not old. It has a 11800H. I bought it New in April, so if I understood everything in the video correctly it would be rare...

If you would say that the Laptop belongs to that group of Laptops that are "old", then I am wrong and it is not rare.

5 hours ago, eskamobob1 said:

Im currently in the market for a new laptop. Any good resource to check if it supports S0 or not? Cause that could legitimately be a deal breaker for my use case tbh

If you can test the device you can start cmd and type in:

powercfg /a

Then it tells you what is supported and what not. If not, then in the BIOS is maybe a option for S0-Sleep(For me there was the option to turn it on).