Older xbox controllers not working

Mathantastic

So, I have 4 xbox controllers, 2 are the slightly newer ones that have the 3.5mm audio jack, while 2 are the original ones from 2013 that have no audio jack

I recently formatted my pc, and I use the official wirelless pc adapter, and ever since I formated it, the 2 older controllers without the jack just won't pair up to the pc, instead itll look like they connect for a few secounds, even the dongle will also light up, but then itll all disconnect after a few secounds (as shown in the video)
Everywhere I look up, they say to try it plugged in, but the problem is that booth the older controllers have messed up usb ports, so plugging them in doesn't really work

seems obvious, but have you tried new batteries, and leaving the batteries out for a while?

also re-syncing them?

17 minutes ago, Mathantastic said:

but the problem is that booth the older controllers have messed up usb ports

i find that these port wear out easily. as long as the pins aren't broken off, bending the port back in shape with needle-nose pliers usually fixes them for a while for me. you can gain access to the port easily by removing the face plate, and then the middle piece that covers the home button, charger port, and holds the synce button and bumpers in place.

1 hour ago, bmx6454 said:

seems obvious, but have you tried new batteries, and leaving the batteries out for a while?

also re-syncing them?

i find that these port wear out easily. as long as the pins aren't broken off, bending the port back in shape with needle-nose pliers usually fixes them for a while for me. you can gain access to the port easily by removing the face plate, and then the middle piece that covers the home button, charger port, and holds the synce button and bumpers in place.

I did, I even put the same batteries that are on the 2 controllers that work, and it didn't work. Also tried re syncing them, it doesn't work.
For unbending the pins, one is completly destroyed, so no luck on that, the other one There might be something that I can do, but it doesn't look like any pins are crocked, the connector goes in properly, just doesn't do anything

32 minutes ago, Mathantastic said:

here might be something that I can do, but it doesn't look like any pins are crocked, the connector goes in properly, just doesn't do anything

if you hold it a certain way it might, try a different cable as well, if you didn't already.

41 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

if you hold it a certain way it might, try a different cable as well, if you didn't already.

I have tried many different cables, even a brand new one that came with my headset, tried moving it a lot, never connects
I haven't opened the controller yet, but my guess is that the connector was probly torn of completly from the board, since it is a bit wonky