Is it possible to make windows folders into playlists?

Mateokunzer
hey yall this is a very random question but i thought i would shoot my shot, does anybody know if its possible to make a music playlist out of like a windows folder using any music listening service, weather it be spotify, windows media player, basically anything that can play an mp3 file.

Edited by Mateokunzer
typo

imded

4 minutes ago, Mateokunzer said:
hey yall this is a very random question but i thought i would shoot my shot, does anybody know if its possible to make a music playlist out of like a windows folder using any music listening service, weather it be spotify, windows media player, basically anything that can play an mp3 file.

Try this... Right-click the folder in File Explorer, you should see this. Not sure what options it will give you for apps, however.

image.thumb.png.8fea649c95330ee02e70d24c8f9aa5a8.png

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

Try this...

image.thumb.png.8fea649c95330ee02e70d24c8f9aa5a8.png

haha very funny, but i would like to have them all organised in a singular place so i can listen to things without having to manually click on the next song, and when you have 200 playlists to make youre looking for any way to speed things up

imded

49 minutes ago, Mateokunzer said:

haha very funny, but i would like to have them all organised in a singular place so i can listen to things without having to manually click on the next song, and when you have 200 playlists to make youre looking for any way to speed things up

Pretty condescending for someone asking for help. Good luck.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

yes, you can right click on the folder add to windows media player playlist.

The folder can be as big as you make it afaik.

1 hour ago, An0maly_76 said:

Pretty condescending for someone asking for help. Good luck.

Im... not sure... OP understood your answer... even though its essentially what they asked for. (it literally don't matter how big the folder is)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

12 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

yes, you can right click on the folder add to windows media player playlist.

The folder can be as big as you make it afaik.

Im... not sure... OP understood your answer... even though its essentially what they asked for. (it literally don't matter how big the folder is)

I think they edited their reply, when they originally replied it literally just said try this... with the photo and 0 explanation.

imded

1 hour ago, Mateokunzer said:

when they originally replied it literally just said try this... with the photo and 0 explanation.

yeah, it's literally also what you quoted.

anyway, tbf the answer was correct even though maybe not sufficiently so...

actually,  for windows media player its different though... you need to open the folder then select everything-> right click add to list... it works for vlc on the folder however,  vlc can also play more file types...

anyway, then it'll automatically open the player where you need to name and save the new playlist... pretty standard im guessing, and also it'll play the songs in the order they're in the folder (unless you reorganize it) which can be good or bad, me , i already have the songs in the order i want them in the folder usually, so that's a non-issue to me...

but i don't think you want to do that for "200" folders in a row, and that wouldn't make much sense either... you can just add them when you want to listen to them,  or a couple of them at a time... it won't feel like it takes long that way, and it'll keep your saved lists forever and you can still edit them of course.

btw there's also groove music which works similarly but it'll also download album art and stuff... pretty sure theres autoplay lists too but i never looked into that. 

big advantage of wmp (and others like vlc) is they also play video...

also, obviously,  once you created a list you can't move the files or it won't find them, guess that's for all players on windows,  welcome to ca. 1999! : D

Actually that's what i like about wmp... its so old-fashioned... not changed for 20 years it feels like...

(but generally they're all clones of it tbh)

wmp088709.thumb.png.1805795160927d5b818a1e3e2a91d248.png

wmp088708-1.thumb.png.9555c05e8d0a85cc17c838d756539d8e.png

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux