3D printer

noobtitan1

Hay I was wondering what 3D printer i should buy i an a starter at 3D printing 

So I won't to but a good budget printer that have a big printing area

how "budget" is "budget" for you?

beyond that.. are you already a tinkerer / handy person? buying a 3D printer is buying a machine that needs to be maintained, even more so the lower you go down the price stack.

from the looks of things wanhao is still ripping off every popular 3D printer design, for cheaper. but if you buy a wanhao, you're buying a device that needs a bit more love than others.

52 minutes ago, manikyath said:

how "budget" is "budget" for you?

beyond that.. are you already a tinkerer / handy person? buying a 3D printer is buying a machine that needs to be maintained, even more so the lower you go down the price stack.

from the looks of things wanhao is still ripping off every popular 3D printer design, for cheaper. but if you buy a wanhao, you're buying a device that needs a bit more love than others.

My budget is around 900 dolars

26 minutes ago, noobtitan1 said:

My budget is around 900 dolars

USD i presume?

and how about the handy person part of the question?

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

USD i presume?

and how about the handy person part of the question?

What does you mean by handy ?

1 minute ago, noobtitan1 said:

What does you mean by handy ?

if i told you to buy a kit for a prusa i3, would that make you worry?

if i told you that if you want to print ABS you ideally assemble your hotend while the heater is running at 200°c, would that make you worry?

if i told you that disassembling and reassembling a hotend, and replacing parts is just part of running a 3D printer, would that make you worry?

if i told you that a wanhao is probably your best value, if you can design, 3D print, and mount your own upgrades, would that be a problem?

16 hours ago, manikyath said:

if i told you to buy a kit for a prusa i3, would that make you worry?

if i told you that if you want to print ABS you ideally assemble your hotend while the heater is running at 200°c, would that make you worry?

if i told you that disassembling and reassembling a hotend, and replacing parts is just part of running a 3D printer, would that make you worry?

if i told you that a wanhao is probably your best value, if you can design, 3D print, and mount your own upgrades, would that be a problem?

I would prefer a printer that low maintenance 

7 hours ago, noobtitan1 said:

double your budget and buy an ultimaker.

a 3D printer has a LOT of moving parts, and a LOT of thermal cycling on mixed metal constructions.

best i can tell you is buy an ultimaker, or maybe just a creality ender <insert one of the variants here> and just deal with the hotend work as it is needed.

22 minutes ago, manikyath said:

double your budget and buy an ultimaker.

a 3D printer has a LOT of moving parts, and a LOT of thermal cycling on mixed metal constructions.

best i can tell you is buy an ultimaker, or maybe just a creality ender <insert one of the variants here> and just deal with the hotend work as it is needed.

Witch version of ultimaker i need?

23 minutes ago, noobtitan1 said:

Witch version of ultimaker i need?

they're all pretty much the same printer, but with different add-on features. and they're just about as maintenance-friendly you're gonna get.. but with a price to match ofcourse.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I would like to play with my little girl 3D prints cosplay. and I am learning now. 

Prusa i3s are excellent printers that work out of the box. Don't buy poor quality filament and it should be quite low maintenance.

Personally I own an Ender 3 S1, which is like 350, and I would still call that low maintenance.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 12:59 AM, noobtitan1 said:

How do you define low maintenance? most hobby printers are not built with continuous professional operation in mind. This leads to lots of small issues happening constantly.

Things such as failed prints, bed leveling, belt tensioning, z gantry alignment, stuck/clogged filament, etc.

better printers can make this less of an issue, but at the end of the day, it is still a manufacturing tool, so it is not going to be completely plug and play.

If your question is answered, mark it so.  | It's probably just coil whine, and it is probably just fine |   LTT Movie Club!

Read the docs. If they don't exist, write them. | Professional Thread Derailer

Desktop: i7-8700K, RTX 2080, 16G 3200Mhz, EndeavourOS(host), win10 (VFIO), Fedora(VFIO)

Server: ryzen 9 5900x, GTX 970, 64G 3200Mhz, Unraid.