Searching Alternative to Old Bose Soundlink Mobile

BiColaTesla
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
1 hour ago, BiColaTesla said:

yeah thats true u re right. I will try.

I looked up for Anker Soundcore it seems great actually but i am kinda go up to 400-450 dolars. While browsing between sites, I found a new alternative which named Sonos Move. Is it great? 

And i am totally open to any advice.

In audioland there is a sweetspot and a point of diminishing returns.

The Sonos is that fiminishing returns thing AND doesnt sound better than a 80$ soundcore flare AND has proprietary stuff to integrate to their ecosystem which they like to kill off their 5-7 year old devices once in a while and drop em out of functioning properly.

For a bt speaker dont make it complex. Just make sure they still function on their own and are essentially as dumb as can be.

Its why I like the jbl boomboxes. Not overly expensive and they are plenty loud and bassy whilst being dumb as rocks :p.

Your bose was actually too good and could be a speaker that is nice and useable for decades due to being able to use a power adapter which is a huge nono in terms of making money. So the newer ones were objectively worse so youd have to replace them.

What is the exact usecase of the device?

I assume taking it around as a nice bt speaker and such? In that case keep it simple keep it cheap and get like the 100$ jbl boombox. Easily fills a room

Hi guys,

I have an old Bose Soundlink Mobile which sounds perfect and balanced but nowadays sometimes i feel like it sounds little bit scratchy while playing a bass based content.

So i concentrated about searching a new portable speaker which has perfect mids, highs and bass with great design quality. 
Then i found a newer model on internet Soundtouch 30 which was produced in like 2016 or sth but they discontinued that model too so i need somethink between these.

Summary:

I looking for a new portable bluetooth speaker like Bose Soundlink Mobile but i couldn’t find on my own. I need your advices

image.jpg

Lower your headphone or bt volume output 1 or 2 steps below max and crank up the speaker itself.

Thqt or lower the equializer on the device you ate using in the bass department.

This is a trend ive seen where older devices expect less power or a different eq as input compared to today and this one is old enough that it falls in there. Adjusting the input fixes what was never broken.

An anker soundcore 3 is a nice budgey good thingy.

39 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Lower your headphone or bt volume output 1 or 2 steps below max and crank up the speaker itself.

Thqt or lower the equializer on the device you ate using in the bass department.

This is a trend ive seen where older devices expect less power or a different eq as input compared to today and this one is old enough that it falls in there. Adjusting the input fixes what was never broken.

An anker soundcore 3 is a nice budgey good thingy.

I looked up for Anker Soundcore it seems great actually but i am kinda go up to 400-450 dolars. While browsing between sites, I found a new alternative which named Sonos Move. Is it great? 

1 hour ago, BiColaTesla said:

The Sonos is that fiminishing returns thing AND doesnt sound better than a 80$ soundcore flare AND has proprietary stuff to integrate to their ecosystem which they like to kill off their 5-7 year old devices once in a while and drop em out of functioning properly.

For a bt speaker dont make it complex. Just make sure they still function on their own and are essentially as dumb as can be.

Its why I like the jbl boomboxes. Not overly expensive and they are plenty loud and bassy whilst being dumb as rocks :p.

Your bose was actually too good and could be a speaker that is nice and useable for decades due to being able to use a power adapter which is a huge nono in terms of making money. So the newer ones were objectively worse so youd have to replace them.

I assume taking it around as a nice bt speaker and such? In that case keep it simple keep it cheap and get like the 100$ jbl boombox. Easily fills a room

I used this one for PC Speaker, Home Theater Speaker(kinda as Soundbar with connecting to my Samsung TV), in picnics … in every way

I totally agree with your own opinion about bluetooth speakers. So that’s why i may buy pair of jbl speaker and it costs less. But if i can find the discontinued SoundTouch 30 at somewhere i will probably choose this one. Last year i saw in Vatican. Maybe i can find it again

6 hours ago, jaslion said:

And Thanks for your help mate! It was helpful for me.