Asus x670 constant reboots

marxyfen

Just got a r7 7700x, asus x670-e prime mobo and 32gb of trident z 6000mhz cl 36 ram, it boots to windows and start the steam update thing and other programs but after 3-5 minutes it hard reboots, I've updated the bios, but that did nothing, please help. 

19 minutes ago, marxyfen said:

Just got a r7 7700x, asus x670-e prime mobo and 32gb of trident z 6000mhz cl 36 ram, it boots to windows and start the steam update thing and other programs but after 3-5 minutes it hard reboots, I've updated the bios, but that did nothing, please help. 

Boards defective rma it if psu is actually powerful enough to power your system

What psu?

What gpu?

Do stock JEDEC settings work?

Might be that you got a poor roll in the silicon lottery for your memory controller. Make sure you have an updated BIOS and trying raising SOC voltage to 1.2V or 1.25V.

If that doesn't work, RMA it.

10 hours ago, JT89 said:

Do stock JEDEC settings work?

Might be that you got a poor roll in the silicon lottery for your memory controller. Make sure you have an updated BIOS and trying raising SOC voltage to 1.2V or 1.25V.

If that doesn't work, RMA it.

I have the latest bios and haven't changed any settings since the update 

2 hours ago, marxyfen said:

I have the latest bios and haven't changed any settings since the update 

Do you know how to tinker in the BIOS? What is the BSOD message? Are you using 2 sticks or 4 sticks of ram?

Try to disable all overlocking features, like PBO and EXPO/CMP. You need to see if you can get it stable and then pinpoint what's causing the issue. If it's still unstable after that, it's hardware related and you can start to diagnose the source.

1 hour ago, JT89 said:

Do you know how to tinker in the BIOS? What is the BSOD message? Are you using 2 sticks or 4 sticks of ram?

Try to disable all overlocking features, like PBO and EXPO/CMP. You need to see if you can get it stable and then pinpoint what's causing the issue. If it's still unstable after that, it's hardware related and you can start to diagnose the source.

2 sticks of ram, It's not a bsod so there is no error message, it will literally just turn off after like 3 minutes of being in windows then turn itself back on, i can sit in the bios as long as I want with no problem but going into windows causes the problem. 

7 hours ago, JT89 said:

Got it working with a new windows install on my new drive, idk why that made it work but it did

2 hours ago, marxyfen said:

Got it working with a new windows install on my new drive, idk why that made it work but it did

You need to check your memory settings. Windows will get corrupted from memory errors, which is what I'm guessing happened to you. Memory stability issues are the #1 source of zen4 issues right now.

13 hours ago, JT89 said:

You need to check your memory settings. Windows will get corrupted from memory errors, which is what I'm guessing happened to you. Memory stability issues are the #1 source of zen4 issues right now.

Yeah since i turned docp back on things have been rather unresponsive, like i can't add library folders to steam and if I try to navigate anywhere in file explorer it becomes unresponsive, i got the xmp trident z rather than the expo version, do you think that's contributing?