Cooler master ml240l v2 pump not working

LennyD

Hello. I have just installed my first AIO cooler and something seems to be off. The CPU starts at around 50 degress C and ends up at like 80 in a couple of seconds, it's obvious something is off.

I have tried switching the pump and fans between the CPU_FAN1 and PUMP_FAN1 ports and either combination i use ends up showing one of them at 0 RPM, i do have a setting to use every fan at once at maximum speed but it does not help, it stays at 0 RPM. The fans attached on the radiator work, i am not sure how i can tell if the pump is working, from what i have read it should make some distinct noise and i am not hearing anything.

First of all,i would like to clarify which cable goes in where, although i did follow the manual i just want to get this out of the way. I am using an MSI B550-a pro and the CPU  i am trying to cool is an AMD Ryzen 5 5600X and although i did read the manual and watch a couple of videos i really dont know what to believe anymore.

Second of all, could the pump be defective? I did test both the ports with the old CPU cooler and it does change from 0 RPM so i am not sure what to believe since it is my first time using this cooling solution.

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600x | Motherboard -  MSI B550-A PRO | RAM 4x Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 8GB, DDR4, 3600MHz | Graphics Card -ASUS STRIX 1060 6 GB| Power Supply - Corsair RM650x  | Case - Corsair Carbide Series 275R

There should be the sound of running liquid when the pump starts up. You should also be able to feel liquid flowing through the tubes with your hand.

If neither are present and you see 0rpm, the pump is probably dead.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

16 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

There should be the sound of running liquid when the pump starts up. You should also be able to feel liquid flowing through the tubes with your hand.

If neither are present and you see 0rpm, the pump is probably dead.

I was thinking it is not hooked up right, gow do you think it should be hooked up to the motherboard?

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600x | Motherboard -  MSI B550-A PRO | RAM 4x Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 8GB, DDR4, 3600MHz | Graphics Card -ASUS STRIX 1060 6 GB| Power Supply - Corsair RM650x  | Case - Corsair Carbide Series 275R

6 hours ago, LennyD said:

I was thinking it is not hooked up right, gow do you think it should be hooked up to the motherboard?

There's a cable from the pump that can plug into any standard fan header. 

8daf0694c44320772d28e96521527f1b.png

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

There's a cable from the pump that can plug into any standard fan header. 

8daf0694c44320772d28e96521527f1b.png

The 240L v2 has a 3 pin connector for the pump and a 4 pin PWM connector for the fans, i will attach a picture of what the motherboard offers(sorry for the bad quality of the picture, i am not at home, this is what i could find), where should these be plugged the first one is CPU_FAN1 and second one PUMP_FAN1. I figured the 3 pin should be in the PUMP one and the fans in the CPU one, is this right? Could it be any setting in my bios menu that makes it not turn on?

Capture.JPG

The fans aren't plugged in for these pictures, only the pump, and as it says it's 0 RPM, i tried messing with settings there but nothing happens.

315531773_691503259080940_6291705743410633170_n.jpg

316102581_526484632696995_6248443554317934933_n.jpg

1 minute ago, LennyD said:

The fans aren't plugged in for these pictures, only the pump, and as it says it's 0 RPM, i tried messing with settings there but nothing happens.

Have you set it to full speed?

Is there an Apply or Save Settings button?

5 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Have you set it to full speed?

Is there an Apply or Save Settings button?

Yes, all full speed, save and exit and restart, nothing changes for those two.

2 minutes ago, LennyD said:

Yes, all full speed, save and exit and restart, nothing changes for those two.

As mentioned, it's probably a dead pump.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

As mentioned, it's probably a dead pump.

Yeah i will see what i can do about it with the seller and will come back mention what happened. Thank you for your suggestions.

• 1 month later...

1 month later, it was a defective unit. Did everything right but the pump itself wasn't working. Thanks for you help.

1 hour ago, LennyD said:

1 month later, it was a defective unit. Did everything right but the pump itself wasn't working. Thanks for you help.

Any chance you could mark this as solved?

Did you turn it off and back on again?