LG Tone Free Fp9 Charging Case Type-C port failure and crappy lg warranty

jwhy

I'm mostly here to vent about LG's crap support and crap limited warranty. I bought the LG Tone Free Fp9 last year in December after I saw the LTT review video. I've enjoyed it for the most part but this past month has been really unfortunate.

The right-side Bluetooth headset case split open and when I called the LG support number, they said it was "cosmetic" damage and NOT covered under the warranty. I wear it daily to listen to music and podcast and I think the adhesive just failed to adhere. I ended up super glueing the case halves shut and clamping it overnight. 

Next up, a few weeks later, I go to charge the charging case with my usually Samsung Note20 charging cable and then when I go to unplug it, the plastic piece that holds the connector wires on the female jack strips out and gets stuck in the male cable. The connector wires are still visible inside the female side of the charging case. I called support and they once again, said that this was physical damage and NOT covered under warranty.

I've had tons of type c devices and nothing like the 2nd incident has ever happened.

LTT folks, anyone ever have issues like this with their type c devices or also hate LG support? 

20221124_073705.jpg

20221124_081206.jpg

20221124_073724.jpg

20221021_102110.jpg

20221021_102206.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

2022-12-08 update. LG sent me a replacement unit but looks used/missing oem packaging. Let's hope this thing lasts 90 days. 

I had a worse problems with the LG tone free. One of the earphones started making a shrill sound like when you get a mic close to a speaker. And it happened whenever I got a call. I had to return them when my ear started ringing.