Building New PC --- Need Advice

niced00d

Hello,

I am building a new PC and am waiting for the parts to come in. Here is my future setup: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/94MPH2

Now the only thing I am a bit confused about is how the fans will work. My goal is to have the Lian Li fans installs on the NZXT CPU cooler as a top exhaust and have the other 3 Pack Lian Li fans in the front as intake. This leaves me with 3 NZXT RGB Fans for the side of the case and 1 Corsair fan for the back that came with the case. 

Can I use all these fans with one controller and how do I hook them up properly? 

Any advice/suggestions please.

45 minutes ago, niced00d said:

Hello,

I am building a new PC and am waiting for the parts to come in. Here is my future setup: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/94MPH2

Now the only thing I am a bit confused about is how the fans will work. My goal is to have the Lian Li fans installs on the NZXT CPU cooler as a top exhaust and have the other 3 Pack Lian Li fans in the front as intake. This leaves me with 3 NZXT RGB Fans for the side of the case and 1 Corsair fan for the back that came with the case. 

Can I use all these fans with one controller and how do I hook them up properly? 

Any advice/suggestions please.

Are you replacing the fans in the Corsair case?  It normally comes with fans.  Also that’s a lot of power supply.  Could have gotten away with 750w.  That’s. xx900k/3090 kind of PSU.  I take it you want to overclock that 13600k as far as it will go.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

38 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Are you replacing the fans in the Corsair case?  It normally comes with fans.  Also that’s a lot of power supply.  Could have gotten away with 750w.  That’s. xx900k/3090 kind of PSU.  I take it you want to overclock that 13600k as far as it will go.

I am using the fans in the corsair case for now. I figured I already spent enough money on the lian li fans (x6) that I can take advantage of the 2 corsair fans that come with the case. I just don't understand how I can connect those case fans as well as the lian li fans at the same time. 

Regarding the PSU, it was just on sale and got a great deal, I plan on upgrading to a 4090 in the next 12 months. 

2 hours ago, niced00d said:

I just don't understand how I can connect those case fans as well as the lian li fans at the same time. 

Sounds like you just need a fan controller hub big enough to control everything and powerful enough to feed power to all those fans. I don't much experience with high fan count builds so I don't have any off the cuff suggestions but that is where I would start hunting.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

So the issue is the RGB connectors, correct?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.