Does quick disconnect limit the flow? (Last water cooling post)

Kratos

Hi,

I saw Jayztwocents said on a video that quick disconnects limit the flow speed, I know he's one of the best watercoolers out there, but I just wanted to know how much does it impact flow speed.

I'm building my first loop and it  would be nice to know if there are any comparissons out there (temperature wise) because for a watercooling noob like myself it might be usefull specially the first few days when I'm fidling with everything.

This is my last watercooling post for now, so apologies if you guys felt spamed. I wanted to keep topics separate instead of craming everything into a big chunk post.

5 minutes ago, Kratos said:

Hi,

I saw Jayztwocents said on a video that quick disconnects limit the flow speed, I know he's one of the best watercoolers out there, but I just wanted to know how much does it impact flow speed.

I'm building my first loop and it  would be nice to know if there are any comparissons out there (temperature wise) because for a watercooling noob like myself it might be usefull specially the first few days when I'm fidling with everything.

This is my last watercooling post for now, so apologies if you guys felt spamed. I wanted to keep topics separate instead of craming everything into a big chunk post.

It is entirely dependent on the fitting used. They will list on the spec sheet the flow rate. But in a short answer, yes, QD's will always restrict flow compared to straight tubing.

10 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

It is entirely dependent on the fitting used. They will list on the spec sheet the flow rate. But in a short answer, yes, QD's will always restrict flow compared to straight tubing.

I saw EKWB cpu quick disconnect. They listed something about 10/16 mm tubing. I was going to use 12/16 mm

4 minutes ago, Kratos said:

I saw EKWB cpu quick disconnect. They listed something about 10/16 mm tubing. I was going to use 12/16 mm

Soft tube or hard tube? I'd really just go with what they recommend. For soft tubing, if you try to use a 12mm tube on a 10mm fitting, you will have a bad day.

*edit* and to further that, if you try to use QD's on hard tubing, you are in for a challenge.