I know this is probually a dumb question.

alan93

for this motherboard will i need to get anything like a fan hub to connect all 7 fans and the cooler cooler or should i be good with just the motherboard? The case that i am getting can have a 360m aio plus 7 more fans for referance.

Motherboard:MSI MPG Z690 CARBON WIFI DDR5 LGA 1700 Intel Z690 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard.

aio:ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 ARGB All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler 360mm Radiator, Intel LGA1700, 115x/2066 and AMD AM4/TR4 Support, Triple 120mm 4-pin PWM Addressable RGB Radiator Fans.

Depends what you mean exactly.

If you have the AIO with 7 total fans (including the ones present on the AIO), you should be good, the motherboard has 8 total fan headers, so it would be filled but still possible. 

If you have the AIO with its 3 fans plus another 7, then you'd need to use a Y splitter of some sort for the AIO fans. Most AIOs do come with them. 

7 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Depends what you mean exactly.

If you have the AIO with 7 total fans (including the ones present on the AIO), you should be good, the motherboard has 8 total fan headers, so it would be filled but still possible. 

If you have the AIO with its 3 fans plus another 7, then you'd need to invest in a Y splitter of some sort for the AIO fans.

all together the aio is 3 and then 7 sepererate case fans. techically the case can have 10 all togther but 3 of them get taken up if you use a aio. the aio does come with these spliters if that helps.

1 x 1 to 3 Y-cable for Fan connection
1 x 1 to 4 ARGB spliter cable

4 minutes ago, Caroline said:

The only dumb questions are those you don't make.

The AIO should have its own controller for the fans so you only wire the pump to the motherboard and a power cable.

And the motherboard comes with another 6 additional headers, so you can hook up to 6 fans. I don't recommend using splitters, and hubs are reserved for special cases where the motherboard only comes with a single fan header.

see i knew i had enough for the 6 intake ones. it;s the rear fan that i din't know if i would have enough for that.

11 minutes ago, Caroline said:

wait, 6 intakes and only 1 exhaust?

that's gonna be one comically dusty build man

i'm still messing around with the airflow on it