4000D Airflow - Cooling fans / 5600X Cooler

Ailema

Greetings!

I have a Corsair 4000D Airflow white.

Case comes with standard 2 case fans (black) 

I think for good airflow I'll need 3 front fans (intake) and 1 back fan (exhaust) - My doubt is; what about the 2 slots on TOP? Should I add there fans aswell?

Since I'm building a new pc, I am now looking for some case fans. This are my options:

• Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 ARGB 3in1-Pack / White Edition - 40€
  • Lian Li ST120 3in1-Pack / White Edition - 40€
  • Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Halo 3in1-Pack / White Edition - 45€
  • Corsair iCUE SP RGB ELITE 3in1-Pack / White Edition - 70€

Also, for CPU I have a 5600X. 

But I didn't bought a CPU Cooler yet. I can opt for:

• Deepcool GAMMAXX GTE V2 - 25€ 
  • Deepcool AK400 - 45€
  • Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO - 50€
  • Enermax ETS-T50 AXE ARGB - 54€
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L V2 RGB - 75€

The problem of Deepcool GAMMAXX GTE V2 is that it has a very bright White fan, which is something I don't like. I'm thinking on the Deepcool AK400 tbh.

Any advice?

I think only 1 additional fans needed, just 2 intake and 1 exhaust. Believe me on this, you're welcome to try, but I highly doubt 3 intakes would improve temps. I have been on the useless journey to improve cooling, great airflow does not improve temps, but going from bad to good does improve. 

I went from 2x 120mm intake to 2x 140mm intake, massively more intake air, no temps change.

Given that your CPU is only 5600x, which is not a good buy now, 12400F is less than $10 more, but I digress, the stock cooler is fine for 5600X.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

4 hours ago, Ailema said:

Greetings!

I think for good airflow I'll need 3 front fans (intake) and 1 back fan (exhaust) - My doubt is; what about the 2 slots on TOP? Should I add there fans aswell?

Since I'm building a new pc, I am now looking for some case fans. This are my options:

• Deepcool AK400 - 45€

The problem of Deepcool GAMMAXX GTE V2 is that it has a very bright White fan, which is something I don't like. I'm thinking on the Deepcool AK400 tbh.

Any advice?

Don't waste money on any of those useless Ewaste fans, they're garbage. Stick with stock fans.

Get the Deepcool AK620 for like $15 more than the AK400

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

The stock cooler is fine.

What GPU are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, ShawtyT30beTHICCC said:

Don't waste money on any of those useless Ewaste fans, they're garbage. Stick with stock fans.

Get the Deepcool AK620 for like $15 more than the AK400

Well, this case just has 2 stock fans and they are all black and since this is a white build, I don't think stock fans would look very nice according to some pictures of completed builds I already saw on pcpartpicker. I really liked the 3 front fans look.

Are all they garbage just because of rgb's or it's airflow really isn't good?

Isn't that too overkill for a 5600x? 
Here in The Netherlands it's actually 30€ mroe expensive.

7 hours ago, Dukesilver27- said:

I think only 1 additional fans needed, just 2 intake and 1 exhaust. Believe me on this, you're welcome to try, but I highly doubt 3 intakes would improve temps. I have been on the useless journey to improve cooling, great airflow does not improve temps, but going from bad to good does improve. 

I went from 2x 120mm intake to 2x 140mm intake, massively more intake air, no temps change.

Given that your CPU is only 5600x, which is not a good buy now, 12400F is less than $10 more, but I digress, the stock cooler is fine for 5600X.

Thank you for your complete reply. 

I might just get a 3 pack cuz I like it more and pc will be actually a desktop sitting on the desk, so it will be also to display it. Thus, when I saw some completed builds on pcpartpicker using this exact case, I like more when it has 3 front fans than just 2. And to be honest, black stock fans even though they are just fine, for my personal taste, they would look awful on a white case - that's the reason why I search for some white fans. I know there is also a non-rgb fan which people tend to recomend which is the Arctic P12.

About CPU, I saw numerous builds requested here, that Ryzen 5 5600X (or non X) was actually the best bang for the buck in terms of budget builds. And here in Ther Netherlands (and Germany  / Belgium), I5-12400F is at 200€ which is 50€ + than what I gave to 5600X.

8 minutes ago, Ailema said:

Thank you for your complete reply. 

I might just get a 3 pack cuz I like it more and pc will be actually a desktop sitting on the desk, so it will be also to display it. Thus, when I saw some completed builds on pcpartpicker using this exact case, I like more when it has 3 front fans than just 2. And to be honest, black stock fans even though they are just fine, for my personal taste, they would look awful on a white case - that's the reason why I search for some white fans. I know there is also a non-rgb fan which people tend to recomend which is the Arctic P12.

About CPU, I saw numerous builds requested here, that Ryzen 5 5600X (or non X) was actually the best bang for the buck in terms of budget builds. And here in Ther Netherlands (and Germany  / Belgium), I5-12400F is at 200€ which is 50€ + than what I gave to 5600X.

Get the 3 pack of the arctic P12 white fans then

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

On 11/22/2022 at 11:48 AM, Ailema said:

Are all they garbage just because of rgb's or it's airflow really isn't good?

Isn't that too overkill for a 5600x? 
Here in The Netherlands it's actually 30€ mroe expensive.

Any of them would be fine. The 5600x isn't hard to cool. 

If you want white fans, Arctic P12 PST's are decent. https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/product/yQqBD3/arctic-p12-pst-563-cfm-120-mm-fan-acfan00132a

If you want rgb, Kaze Flex RGB also works. https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/product/YVNxFT/scythe-kaze-flex-argb-5117-cfm-120-mm-fan-kf1225fd12ar-p

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Very similar build to mine. 

I’ve tested a few fan configurations in the 4000D Airflow & found 3 intake + 2 exhaust covered me for all year round cooling, with a good noise to performance ratio. Look up my threads where I’ve tested 1 v 2 v 3 Front fans & 1 v 2 exhaust fans. 

I’m also using a Gammaxx 400 v2 CPU cooler with had an annoying blue LED fan, so I swapped it out for the same fan I used on the rest of the case. See photos in sig. 

Those white Arctic P12 or white/grey Bionix P120 would suit your build. 

On 11/22/2022 at 7:01 PM, Ailema said:

Greetings!

• Deepcool AK400 - 45€

Any advice?

5600x doesn't need an AIO, that's for sure.
I cooled mine with my old Hyper 212 just fine. Any decent enough air cooler will do tbh, even AMD's wraith.
Setup was 3 fans intake, 2 exhaust (1 back, 1 top back)

As for whether or not you should add a fan on top
Just try with 1 exhaust for now and see.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

48 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

Very similar build to mine. 

I’ve tested a few fan configurations in the 4000D Airflow & found 3 intake + 2 exhaust covered me for all year round cooling, with a good noise to performance ratio. Look up my threads where I’ve tested 1 v 2 v 3 Front fans & 1 v 2 exhaust fans. 

I’m also using a Gammaxx 400 v2 CPU cooler with had an annoying blue LED fan, so I swapped it out for the same fan I used on the rest of the case. See photos in sig. 

Those white Arctic P12 or white/grey Bionix P120 would suit your build. 

3 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

5600x doesn't need an AIO, that's for sure.
I cooled mine with my old Hyper 212 just fine. Any decent enough air cooler will do tbh, even AMD's wraith.
Setup was 3 fans intake, 2 exhaust (1 back, 1 top back)

As for whether or not you should add a fan on top
Just try with 1 exhaust for now and see.

Thankyou! 

I ended up buying the Deepcool AK400 white which was on sale for 35€ and the Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 ARGB white edition!

- I will see how temps are going and if need, than I'll add another TOP exhaust fan!

Thanks for the help

Obviously not the Aio fans there Corsair hat come with the Aio lol

but the noctua redux line I used perform great and look nice in the build 

7CA80B98-78E0-433D-9199-B27E85759BD8.jpeg

003FC916-6739-48A1-BD4E-1C13D43FC9E2.jpeg

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper