Help with choosing water cooling setup

Hello everyone!

I am upgrading my setup since I didn't do a rly good job at the last, but i was thinking of adding water cooling to my setup, the big cpu cooler is kinda boring. if i go water cooling its only gonna be the cpu for now. 

But I was searching and came across IAO and custom, I'm tempted to go for custom maybe to upgrade later on and more customizations.

I am looking for a 3 fan rgb radiator and a cpu cooling block, with a pump combo. the pump is the only extra thing from the IAO but I will spend 200+ euro more when going custom.

can anyone help me out with a solution to go IAO or custom and if custom help me out with parts 🙂(I have a Sharkoon tg5 case so 3 fan should be okay),

I don't have a really big budget, I am also going for the i7 13700kf

hope some of you can help me,

Thank you for your time! And have a nice day 🙂 

So firstly Id ditch the case.

I know it owned it tried a loop in it it SUCKED. Part from the obvious front closed bad airflow yada yada that thing has basically no clearance for anything watercooling related. You can put a rad in the front which is a bad idea due to poor airflow + hotter air for gpu. But thr top is not meant to hold a rad at all. There is no space for it. You can sort off force one in but then you need to be lucky that your boards heatsinks arent in the way and you are ok with mangling the case a little.

As for custom loop or aio. It sounds like you want this pure for aesthetic reasons and know that performance between a big tower or large rad will roughly be the same.

Will you 100% get a gpu waterblock and watercool a gpu?

Yes -> Go full custom or hybrid

No -> Get a arctic liquid freezer II aio

There is no maybe here.

Hybrid btw means something like a alphacool eiswolf where you can just connect a alphacool eisbear (the gpu cooler) to the loop by unscrewing 2 tubes and connecting them. Easy and works well I do recommend buying a cheap reservoir and adding that inbetween for easy maintenance.

However since you say you dont have a big budget watercooling is basically out of reach. A aio like the liquid freezer II 240 (absolute minimum I recommend for a 13700k) is about 70€ and is better than most other 240mm coolers and on par with same budget air cooling.

In the end if you go aio replace the case. You can only properly mount an aio on the front in that one and due to the blocked front the aio will struglle to cool well and the little fresh air that comes in will then be even hotter for the gpu and rest of thr system.

Also the fans the case comes with should NOT be used for an aio they are just bad.

15 minutes ago, jaslion said:

So firstly Id ditch the case.

I know it owned it tried a loop in it it SUCKED. Part from the obvious front closed bad airflow yada yada that thing has basically no clearance for anything watercooling related.

As for custom loop or aio. It sounds like you want this pure for aesthetic reasons and know that performance between a big tower or large rad will roughly be the same.

Will you 100% get a gpu waterblock and watercool a gpu?

Yes -> Go full custom or hybrid

No -> Get a arctic liquid freezer II aio

There is no maybe here.

Hybrid btw means something like a alphacool eiswolf where you can just connect a alphacool eisbear (the gpu cooler) to the loop by unscrewing 2 tubes and connecting them. Easy and works well I do recommend buying a cheap reservoir and adding that inbetween for easy maintenance.

However since you say you dont have a big budget watercooling is basically out of reach. A aio like the liquid freezer II 240 (absolute minimum I recommend for a 13700k) is about 70€ and is better than most other 240mm coolers and on par with same budget air cooling.

In the end if you go aio replace the case. You can only properly mount an aio on the front in that one and due to the blocked front the aio will struglle to cool well and the little fresh air that comes in will then be even hotter for the gpu and rest of thr system.

Also the fans the case comes with should NOT be used for an aio they are just bad.

Thank you so much for such a quick reaction, I guess I will go with a IAO, i already found a IAO(https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WNJCVNW?tag=linkre-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1, its ok right? 😕) if I wanted to go with it. indeed the reason was for aesthetic reasons but also for more light and a cleaner setup, that also why I wanted a 3 fan, its trough the whole case. 

then i have 2 more question,

can i change the fans on this IAO, it has no RGB
is there a case you recommend?

5 minutes ago, ytty said:

Thank you so much for such a quick reaction, I guess I will go with a IAO, i already found a IAO(https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WNJCVNW?tag=linkre-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1, its ok right? 😕) if I wanted to go with it. indeed the reason was for aesthetic reasons but also for more light and a cleaner setup, that also why I wanted a 3 fan, its trough the whole case. 

then i have 2 more question,

can i change the fans on this IAO, it has no RGB
is there a case you recommend?

There is an rgb version of that aio you can just buy that one.

Whats your budget for a new case?

Basically you want a mesh front case that properly support 360mm rads at the TOP. Which means it will be longer than the case you have now keep that in mind.

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

There is an rgb version of that aio you can just buy that one.

Whats your budget for a new case?

Basically you want a mesh front case that properly support 360mm rads at the TOP. Which means it will be longer than the case you have now keep that in mind.

Since I'm not going for custom it can be a little more expensive. I was thinking around the 100 to 250 price tag, its this a good range?. size doesn't really mater i have it standing alone on my desk

2 minutes ago, ytty said:

Since I'm not going for custom it can be a little more expensive. I was thinking around the 100 to 250 price tag, its this a good range?. size doesn't really mater i have it standing alone on my desk

Oh well thats waaay more than plenty.

A 5000d fits a 360mm top with ease and is around 100.

As for airflow setup use top intake and front intake. Then leave the back empty and airflow will be very good. Fans wont even need to run that fast and just leave the cpu one on auto (pump in pump header can be auto too)

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Oh well thats waaay more than plenty.

A 5000d fits a 360mm top with ease and is around 100.

As for airflow setup use top intake and front intake. Then leave the back empty and airflow will be very good. Fans wont even need to run that fast and just leave the cpu one on auto (pump in pump header can be auto too)

so no fan in the back? the rest is pretty clear, thank you so so much for your help!

1 minute ago, ytty said:

so no fan in the back? the rest is pretty clear, thank you so so much for your help!

Yes no fan in the back. The pressure from all intake makes a fan in the back redundant

Just now, jaslion said:

Yes no fan in the back. The pressure from all intake makes a fan in the back redundant

Well okay, I've almost a IAO and i am on the path of a new case, I really can't thank you enough. thank you

1 hour ago, ytty said:

Hello everyone!

I am upgrading my setup since I didn't do a rly good job at the last, but i was thinking of adding water cooling to my setup, the big cpu cooler is kinda boring. if i go water cooling its only gonna be the cpu for now. 

But I was searching and came across IAO and custom, I'm tempted to go for custom maybe to upgrade later on and more customizations.

I am looking for a 3 fan rgb radiator and a cpu cooling block, with a pump combo. the pump is the only extra thing from the IAO but I will spend 200+ euro more when going custom.

can anyone help me out with a solution to go IAO or custom and if custom help me out with parts 🙂(I have a Sharkoon tg5 case so 3 fan should be okay),

I don't have a really big budget, I am also going for the i7 13700kf

hope some of you can help me,

Thank you for your time! And have a nice day 🙂 

Kinda what I did, got an "upgradable" Eisbaer AIO from Alphacool and added a pump and reservoir (just a pump isnt really useful, ther's already one in the AIO)

Nice thing is the AIO has quick release connectors that allow to add stuff without purging/refilling  everything

Cost is around $300 total tho

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones