CPU Core Voltage won't change , i7 13700k High Temps

Lachrimae

Hello , this is my first post in here.

I'm having a difficult time , yesterday i did finish my new build 

I7 13700k 

MSI Z790 P WIFI 

Cooler Be Quiet Pure loop 240mm.

32GB DDR5 Ram @5200mhz

I noticed very high temps just from idle , then i decided to check my core voltage , its abnormally HIGH . Went to BIOS tried offset 0.080 nothing changed. 

I tried Adaptive and i did set it to 1.325V Nothing changed . My cpu throttles on Cinebench R23 hits 100 in an instant . 

Bellow you will find a screenshot from CPU-Z and HWMonitor , i even tried intel overclocking utility . Whatever i put and apply , no values seem to change.

Untitled.png

Did you remove the plastic peel from the bottom of the cooler/ did you put any thermal paste between cold plate of the cooler and CPU?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Just now, GER_T4IGA said:

Did you remove the plastic peel from the bottom of the cooler/ did you put any thermal paste between cold plate of the cooler and CPU?

Yes i did both , and i did put an aftermarket thermal paste . I doubt its the cooler , isn't the core voltage TOO high for this CPU ????? nearly 1.600v if i see well , that's what worries me and i don't understand whatever i do , it won't change 😞 

@Lachrimae

Try running HWiNFO to see what it reports for VCore voltage. You are correct that almost 1.60V is way too high. Hopefully that is just a monitoring error. CPUID HWMonitor and CPU-Z use some of the same code. 

Are you using the latest BIOS version for your motherboard?

Yes i went to MSI website and downloaded the latest version of it . 

HWiNFO has different value . I'm so confused right now . in the following picture you can see my settings as well . 

It's making no sense to me right now...

Untitled2.png

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. Have you found out what the problem is?

• 2 months later...

Exactly the same here.

I7 13700k 

MSI Z790 P WIFI

Air Cooler DeepCool Assassin III

Fury Beast 64 Gb 5600 MHz CL32

I managed to have decent temps of max 85 running CinebenchR23 and getting decent scores

HWmonitor and CPU-Z (same code) are giving me VCore of 1.48 Voltages even tho I have Core voltage overrun at 1.235 Volts.

HWiNFO gives me reading of 1.240 V

Also I tried running default BIOS with only CPU LITE MODE 5 (AUTO gives 9) and I had similary good results, HWiNFO reporting max Vcore of 1.324 V