Girlfriend can't connect to new laptop from phone's hotspot

AverageLeo

Hey,

As the title says, my girlfriend got a new laptop (HP 245 G8), and apparently she can't connect to her old *** Galaxy S8 phone.

To be exact, the connection is successful, but no data is transferred, so she can't actually use it.

This problem don't exist with other devices (her old laptop still connects), and other phones hotspot do work with the new laptop.

Any suggestions?

Please help me to help her 馃槆

~Leo

38 minutes ago, AverageLeo said:

Hey,

As the title says, my girlfriend got a new laptop (HP 245 G8), and apparently she can't connect to her old *** Galaxy S8 phone.

To be exact, the connection is successful, but no data is transferred, so she can't actually use it.

This problem don't exist with other devices (her old laptop still connects), and other phones hotspot do work with the new laptop.

Any suggestions?

Please help me to help her 馃槆

is there a setting to chose between 2.4ghz and 5ghz on the phone?聽

14 minutes ago, VirusDumb said:

is there a setting to chose between 2.4ghz and 5ghz on the phone?聽

I'm pretty sure that if the phone is using 5ghz and tge laptop don't support it, it won't be able to connect at all.

Also, the computer is modern while the phone is ancient, so there are better chances that the phone Hotspot supports 2.4ghz only while the laptop supports both channels.

~Leo

1 hour ago, AverageLeo said:

I'm pretty sure that if the phone is using 5ghz and tge laptop don't support it, it won't be able to connect at all.

Also, the computer is modern while the phone is ancient, so there are better chances that the phone Hotspot supports 2.4ghz only while the laptop supports both channels.

no, most phones have a setting to switch between 5ghz and 2.4 ghz in the hotspot, try changing that