help with port forwarding its not as you think it is tho

Roamingirony

okay so i want to host a server for assetto corsa... simple enough paid for the content manager donated to get the server tab went to my router 

opened the ports for it nothing..

im using my phone as a link between my pc and my wifi so i have the phone connected to my router and then using usb tether connected my pc to my phone essentially using it as a wifi card....

however my pc doesn't show up on router doesn't even know its there so i tried opening the ports i needed with the phones ip and that didn't work either..

anyone know how i can open ports on my phone? im using a zfold 3

11 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

This should help you get started:

https://android.stackexchange.com/a/207342

i have 0 clue what its going on about though while command lines are helpful ect knowing where to put said command lines would help and have no clue what netcat is.

edit (i looked on the app store and its not an app or at least not one i can find there is 1 called netcat for android however its a traffic generation tool)

Well you'll have some reading/learning to do...

17 minutes ago, Roamingirony said:

knowing where to put said command lines would help

e.g. from Termux

Best would be to not use a phone as intermediary in the first place, it's acting as a second router/NAT and not straightforward at all.

The linked thread also points to an app you can just install from the play store, might work or not...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, Roamingirony said:

i have 0 clue what its going on about though while command lines are helpful ect knowing where to put said command lines would help and have no clue what netcat is.

The "root solution" requires a rooted phone, since you don't have access to these files on a phone by default. You'd need to run the commands on the phone itself, once it is rooted and you have access to a prompt.

The non-root solution involves "adb" which is a development tool. You'd need to enable developer mode on your phone, then run the command on your PC, after downloading the Android command line tools.

The post contains links and additional information about netcat, I suggest you follow these if you want to know more about it. It even mentions that the command needs to be run on the phone and where to download it.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Sounds like a bit of a tricky/messy setup including double NAT and a whole host of other confusion.

Can you not connect your PC direct to router? then forward ports X Y Z to PC's IP address on router.

Don't forget to @me / quote me for a reply =]