Legion 5 Pro 16IAH7H - Crash to Black screen or sometimes pixelated screen after upgrade to 32gb RAM

I have finally been able to recreate crash to black screen at will... But why does it do this???

I upgraded to 32gb RAM Teamgroup elite DDR5 2x16gb 4800MHz

Using chrome browser I open youtube tab and play it on display 1 (laptop display)  works fine for however long I want.

Open a different tab and leave it on display 2 (34 inch GIGABYTE) as soon as I press play on a video display 1 goes black and display 2 freezes with everything still appearing and computer is non responsive.

Same thing happens if I play two different videos on one of the screens and move one to the other screen.

I did a complete memtest86 totaling 4 hours with 0 errors on the new 32gb RAM.

I changed back to the original 16gb of RAM from factory and it never crashes.  With multiple videos and games going on different screens.

Legion 5 Pro 16IAH7H

i7-12700H

RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU 8gb DDR6

(originally came with 16gb DDR5 4800MHz)

Display 1 - 16" WQXGA (2560 x 1600) IPS165Hz

Display 2 - GIGABYTE M34WQ - 144 Hz

• 3 months later...

did you ever find an answer to your question Because mine does the same thing and I just had to return the 32 gigabyte RAM that I purchased thinking the RAM was defective turns out I'm not so sure that it was I think it's the PC

• 1 year later...

Its 2024 and still i have the exact same problem with exact same pc. But the ram is crucial 32gb ddr5 4800. here also 32 gb ram passes memtest86 but crashes the pc. putting back stock 16 gb ram never crashes the pc. hope someone can help me find out whats hapenning.