1080p on 4K tv for more fps?

Brandi93

So I got a budget build around, its great for 1080p, even 1440p. But 4k is really unachievable for me. 

I am one of those gamers who games on a 4k TV (wanted a 55 inch but couldn't find 1080p anymore). 

I don't know what is it, but I tried 1440p and even 4k and I don't see much difference. I turn up the sharpness from 50 to 70 on TV, turn on game mode and that's it. I set the in game res to 1080p for each game in the menu. 

Maybe this could be because I'm sitting 6 feet away? I just can't notice 1080p vs 4k on the TV. I'm not really complaining as this gives me awesome fps in a budget build which could last a couple more years. 

I'm just wondering if any of you do the same, I mean play 1080p on a 4k TV?

Budget Gamer at heart.

I play 1440p120hz on my 65 inch LG CX, because I only have a 10m HDMI 2.0 cable and it's plenty sharp. Going to 4K definitely doesn't seem worth the penalty. But with 1080p I can see the jaggies and the UI in some games scales pretty poor, but that depends on the TV.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Definitely depends on how close to the TV you are. If you are a good bit away 1440p or 1080 should be fine if you want the extra frames. I would do DLSS or FSR if the game you play supports it aswell. Just play between the few options where fidelity and framerate is balanced enough for ya.