using static fan

Mtop2099

Heres my problem. I have 2 fans on side panel as intake with one more spot open. I have 2 corsair controllers but one is full, and the other one has these fans https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/Magnetic-Levitation-Fans/iCUE-ML-RGB-ELITE-Premium-PWM-Magnetic-Levitation-Fan/p/CO-9050113-WW for my AIO. So im not able to mix and match corsair fans on same controller so 

Even tho these are static fans would it still give me any benefit to put it in the side panel as an intake? 

Did you mean static pressure fans? 

All fans have static pressure and and a side intake is helpful for cooling most systems. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yes. Yes my case supports 3 side fans, i have 2 in allready that are corsair sp120 elites. Would it be okay or worth it to fill the third spot with a corsair ML120 elite?

39 minutes ago, Mtop2099 said:

Yes. Yes my case supports 3 side fans, i have 2 in allready that are corsair sp120 elites. Would it be okay or worth it to fill the third spot with a corsair ML120 elite?

Adding another fan probably wouldn't hurt but the difference may be small since it seems like you have plenty of fans already. I suggest saving your money for more worthwhile upgrades. 

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

16 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Adding another fan probably wouldn't hurt but the difference may be small since it seems like you have plenty of fans already. I suggest saving your money for more worthwhile upgrades. 

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them. 

Thanks for the help.

has anyone here used the Corsair ml120 elites as air flow fans ? Would it be a bad idea to deck out all my case in them even thought they are marketed as static pressure ? I’ve read that some people have allready done it with good results 

41 minutes ago, Mtop2099 said:

Would it be a bad idea to deck out all my case in them even thought they are marketed as static pressure ?

They'll work fine. The only downside of static pressure optimized fans is that they are often noisier for the same amount of airflow. If you're looking at M120 RGB Elites, your priorities probably include rgb lighting and not maximizing cooling / noise.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

They'll work fine. The only downside of static pressure optimized fans is that they are often noisier for the same amount of airflow. If you're looking at M120 RGB Elites, your priorities probably include rgb lighting and not maximizing cooling / noise.

Thanks. The main reason I’m looking at the m120 elites is because I allready have 3 of the same fan on my aio that are plugged into that fan controller. I have another controller but it’s full with sp120 elites, and you arnt supposed to mix and match with the Corsair controllers. 

so it’s either that, or I get another sp120 and just plug it directly into my mb, but I prefer to control them with the Corsair software vs having to go into my bios for just 1 fan.