Very long WIN10 loading time after installing new CPU

So today I replaced my 3700X with the 5700X on my Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming board - latest BIOS F63c installed. First time I turned the PC on I got the 'new cpu installed ftpm nv corrupted' message, and since I never used BitLocker I used the reset ftpm option. PC booted into BIOS, I loaded factory optimal settings and restarted. (CSM is enabled in my BIOS)

It got to the Windows 10 loading screen, and it just wouldn't stop loading, it was going for at least 2 minutes. I restarted it several times without change. Then I reset CMOS, turned on my PC and it booted and loaded into Windows instantly like a normal NVMe would. To make sure it's fixed, I restarted again, and the same thing happened again, loading screen going for ~2 minutes, at which point I decided to completely reinstall Windows.

After I did so, when I installed some drivers and went to restart my PC, the same thing happened. Only this time I wanted to see how long it will go for - and turns out it doesn't not load, it actually loads Windows but for some reason it takes 2-3 times.

Any help would be so appreciated..

Update AMD driver software maybe

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

10 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Update AMD driver software maybe

Chipset drivers are all updated

3 minutes ago, PhanicKnight said:

Chipset drivers are all updated

Ok

Did you install in UEFI mode ?

Try to remove CSM as well

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

4 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Ok

Did you install in UEFI mode ?

Try to remove CSM as well

I'm not sure how would I check if I installed in UEFI mode. This is what my system32 says.

I tried to turn CSM off, but it restarted and loaded directly into BIOS, and it didn't show any SSDs or HDDs in the boot options.

4 minutes ago, PhanicKnight said:

I'm not sure how would I check if I installed in UEFI mode. This is what my system32 says.

I tried to turn CSM off, but it restarted and loaded directly into BIOS, and it didn't show any SSDs or HDDs in the boot options.

It says you're in Legacy mode, so you need CSM but I think that's why it's so slow

You should reinstall in UEFI mode, but idk how...

I was supposing that it was automatically the case for a new install on a recent machine,  when I upgraded from a 4770K to a 3900X I couldn't use my old windows boot drive and had to reinstall it in UEFI

3 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

It says you're in Legacy mode, so you need CSM but I think that's why it's so slow

You should reinstall in UEFI mode, but idk how...

I was supposing that it was automatically the case for a new install on a recent machine,  when I upgraded from a 4770K to a 3900X I couldn't use my old windows boot drive and had to reinstall it in UEFI

I could reinstall it in UEFI mode if I knew how. But wouldn't that also make my Windows boot slow with my previous CPU as well? I wasn't experiencing this until I installed the 5700X

Just now, PhanicKnight said:

I could reinstall it in UEFI mode if I knew how. But wouldn't that also make my Windows boot slow with my previous CPU as well? I wasn't experiencing this until I installed the 5700X

Huh I don't think it'll be a problem, 3700X is recent as well

3 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Huh I don't think it'll be a problem, 3700X is recent as well

I understand it won't be a problem, but if the Legacy mode is the issue with slow loading time, wouldn't I also see it while using the 3700X previously?

Because this issue only came up with my new CPU, even tho other than that, CPU works perfectly.

7 minutes ago, PhanicKnight said:

I understand it won't be a problem, but if the Legacy mode is the issue with slow loading time, wouldn't I also see it while using the 3700X previously?

Because this issue only came up with my new CPU, even tho other than that, CPU works perfectly.

Makes sense... But anyway UEFI mode is just better, so no reason not to do it

I did kinda same update than you, from 3900X to 5900X, and had 0 issue, it was plug and play

1 minute ago, PDifolco said:

Makes sense... But anyway UEFI mode is just better, so no reason not to do it

I did kinda same update than you, from 3900X to 5900X, and had 0 issue, it was plug and play

I will try and reinstall it in UEFI mode, but if that doesn't work, I've no idea what to do... thanks

10 hours ago, PhanicKnight said:

@PDifolco just reinstalled Windows in UEFI mode, same thing.... thanks for trying to help anyways

Really weird... So when you boot the 3700x it's fast but takes 2 min with the 5700x every time?

It's normal for 1st boot on a new CPU to be long due to bios, but after that it should go back to normal 

1 hour ago, PDifolco said:

Really weird... So when you boot the 3700x it's fast but takes 2 min with the 5700x every time?

It's normal for 1st boot on a new CPU to be long due to bios, but after that it should go back to normal 

First boot today went normal, booted in ~5 seconds. Sigh of relief, but we'll see how it goes when I have to restart it

Just to update you, I just restarted my PC after installing Photoshop, and it was stuck on the Windows loading screen for 90 seconds, sooooo nope, nothing changed!