Newegg

Iowaguy

I have bought from them in the past but it has been awhile. I was just wondering if they are still good to deal with?

Make sure to select the "shipped by" or "sold by" Newegg filters.  Watch out for shipping prices tagged on after. 

Otherwise, they are getting better.  I bought a monitor recently and the experience was good. 

Newegg, much like Amazon, sells things themselves and also allows 3rd party sellers to sell things. You want to make sure you're buying directly from Newegg and not one of the 3rd parties, (unless it's like the manufacturer themselves selling it or something). Also keep in mind there's a difference between "sold" and "shipped". Shipped by Newegg just means it's using Newegg's transit facilities, Sold by Newegg means the product is coming from Newegg directly. Just something to keep in mind.

For example, below is something you'd want to avoid, as it's being sold & shipped by some unknown seller.

image.png.01e36e781585bf9dcdf63179d961e3d0.png

This however, is better. It's sold and shipped by Newegg directly.

image.png.20435254e52dc82f9828fde70b8feb9e.png

Otherwise, Newegg seems to be a very reputable company. They've had some controversies with their return policies recently, but you should be fine as long as you follow the above advice.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

1 minute ago, Birblover12 said:

For example, below is something you'd want to avoid, as it's shipped by Newegg, but not sold by Newegg:

no it isn’t, because it’s sold directly by Neo Forza (a company that makes stuff like ram, SSDs, etc)

You’d want to avoid “sold by birblover12” for example, because it could just be some random dude in the middle of nowhereville, China selling refurb or counterfeit crap

Yeah, it won't be hard to find negative opinions on them, but if you're happy with the price, and it's straight from Newegg you should hopefully be okay.

29 minutes ago, NF-A12x25 said:

no it isn’t, because it’s sold directly by Neo Forza (a company that makes stuff like ram, SSDs, etc)

You’d want to avoid “sold by birblover12” for example, because it could just be some random dude in the middle of nowhereville, China selling refurb or counterfeit crap

Ah, I thought I changed my post, I updated it to be more accurate lol.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

14 minutes ago, Birblover12 said:

Ah, I thought I changed my post, I updated it to be more accurate lol.

ah perfect

Thanks all for the replies. I will keep my eye on some deals there then and watch the sold by and ship by. That is what I do on Amazon also.

In Canada, they are rarely a good deal. Amazon often is cheaper, especially once shipping is taken into account (newegg charges individual shipping cost on each items last I checked). Then there's Computer Canada, which might have a store near you and free pickup. 

As for the US, I dunno, the others probably know more about it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro