Battlefield 4 Port 3659 (UDP) Thumbs Up to EA

TheSprinkle
Go to solution Solved by ChrisxIxCross,

So where about's is it I assign my NIC to a static IP?

Follow this guide, its extremely easy :) http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/

Hello,

Now I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I haven't been able to play Battlefield 4 for about 1 week and a half.

Every server I join I come across this error message 'ERROR Game disconnected: Client closed down connection. Check your network connection and make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open.'

I've opened the port number and still no changes, I still get the same error message. So pretty much I can't play the game I paid for which really annoys me, I looked around online and other people are running into this issue but still no work around the problem.

My question here is has anyone been successful in fixing 'ERROR Game disconnected: Client closed down connection. Check your network connection and make sure that port 3659 (UDP) is open.'? 

Oh and I almost forgot, EA make the best servers for sure  -_- *wink *wink 

Thank you to anyone who is able to respond.

Try to open the port manually, you can do that like this http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/open-port-windows-firewall#1TC=windows-7

Or you can force your router to forward the packets through a different port.

Thanks guys for a fast response I'll try both of them and update you to see if it works.

I encounter this problem sometimes but it usually fixes itself when i try reconnecting.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Go into youre NIC card and assign a static ip address/dns server and you should be good.At least it worked for me. :)

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Go into youre NIC card and assign a static ip address/dns server and you should be good.At least it worked for me. :)

Follow this guide, its extremely easy :) http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Disabling UPNP worked for me when I had opened the port on my manually. Games like Battlefield dont like UPNP anyway so keep that disabled is my recommendation. 

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

Disabling UPNP worked for me when I had opened the port on my manually. Games like Battlefield dont like UPNP anyway so keep that disabled is my recommendation. 

My friend had the same issue as me and the static IP didn't work. I told him what you said and it worked. Thank you very much for you help.

• 7 years later...
On 5/1/2014 at 12:38 PM, f1ght43v3r said:

thanks worked really quickly, i'm getting some early BF4 practice in before BF2142 drops, 

-i know before i've had to use a port program or add lots of port protocols on my router, when wanted to game from my home, so might work too,  thanks again.

p.s. i tried to add you on Origin -but says no user of your name,    open invite to add me anyone, i enjoy teamplay & use a mic.

p.p.s. my username begins with a  zer0 range 1968 UK[capitals]

0range

16 hours ago, 0range1968UK said:

thanks worked really quickly, i'm getting some early BF4 practice in before BF2142 drops, 

-i know before i've had to use a port program or add lots of port protocols on my router, when wanted to game from my home, so might work too,  thanks again.

p.s. i tried to add you on Origin -but says no user of your name,    open invite to add me anyone, i enjoy teamplay & use a mic.

p.p.s. my username begins with a  zer0 range 1968 UK[capitals]

0range

You have replied to 7 year old thread. Please be mindful about age of threads. Locked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv