CPU De-lid Glue

Finally learning how to delid CPU's, going to practice with a cheap 3770 obviously first.

I've got everything I need, the only thing is what type of glue would you recommend for resealing?

I've seen a lot of people say anything from superglue to silicon to just leave it and don't reglue. Therefore I'm a tad confused into what I should do.

Thanks for the help

James 

11 minutes ago, JamesHewitt said:

Finally learning how to delid CPU's, going to practice with a cheap 3770 obviously first.

I've got everything I need, the only thing is what type of glue would you recommend for resealing?

I've seen a lot of people say anything from superglue to silicon to just leave it and don't reglue. Therefore I'm a tad confused into what I should do.

Thanks for the help

James 

I've used UHU 46735, high temp silicone sealant. Basically the same stuff intel puts on the CPU in the first place

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

I've always used silicone. Permatex Ultra Black specifically as I always have that in the garage.  Silicone cleans up easily, makes it easily removable again if needed. Just remember, you need a super thin layer, smear it on with a finger or something. Less is more, it doesn't take much.

That silicone I linked to on Amazon is available at pretty much any auto repair store, and most hardware stores actually.  If you don't have any plastic razor blades, you might eventually pick some up (just example link, they sell smaller amounts). They are great for cleaning up things like silicone without damaging surfaces.

Any gasket maker or silicone I have sittings around. Grey or red tend to be the first I grab. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Black or grey I believe are best too but even the blue stuff would do, I mean it's silicone and all it's for is sealing up the edges.

Tip:
If you happen to be a guy that swaps CPU's in and out alot and run into problems with the lid coming loose/moving around at times, try a drop/film of super glue at opposing corners of the CPU lid.
Note this is only a drop/film at two (Not all four) opposing corners of the chip - This way acetone can be used to dissolve the glue so you can get the lid off if you must.
I suggest using gel-type super glue so you can make the glue layer/spot as thin as you want it to be vs how a drop normally comes out being.
This along with a bead of silicone will seal and hold the lid on just fine for as long as you'd need it to.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.