REDMI 4X (remote : partition flashing is not allowed) error while trying to install TWRP

So I had this old redmi 4X chilling in the shelf and I wanted to use it...But with a different ROM

I have enabled both USB DEBUGGING and OEM UNLOCKING option in the developers option and cross checked if its enabled before entering fastboot 

I lost my simcard tray...so basically I cannot use the MI UNLOCK TOOL either......

I have tried a lot of stuff from other threads in this forum for this specific phone and nothing seems to help...the same issue arises...

have tried commands to enable bootloader , few people have made .bat files which they claim to install TWRP by just using it...nothing seems to help

?hash=b225708488847b71972f202f8deab427

?hash=b225708488847b71972f202f8deab427

Any help would be nice

32 minutes ago, Sed Linus said:

I lost my simcard tray...so basically I cannot use the MI UNLOCK TOOL either......

So I don't own any Xiaomi devices, but doesn't this mean your bootloader is not unlocked?

The "enable" OEM unlocking checkbox in the OS does not unlock the bootloader, it just "lets" you unlock the bootloader. If you want to flash TWRP, the bootloader needs to be unlocked first. Perhaps you already knew all this and I'm just stating the obvious.

1 hour ago, OhioYJ said:

So I don't own any Xiaomi devices, but doesn't this mean your bootloader is not unlocked?

The "enable" OEM unlocking checkbox in the OS does not unlock the bootloader, it just "lets" you unlock the bootloader. If you want to flash TWRP, the bootloader needs to be unlocked first. Perhaps you already knew all this and I'm just stating the obvious.

Ah right....got it....so getting the simcard and using that app is the only way ig...considering that commands dont work....way to go!!

thank you btw