Windows 10 & Raptor Lake

Is Windows 11 required for Raptor Lake or is Windows 10 fully supported now?

Windows 10 still doesn't play well with the P & E core set up, It will work & it is better than it was with the newer updates but performance might be a bit all over the place as the scheduler still isn't perfect.

CPU: Ryzen 5900x | GPU: RTX 3090 FE | MB: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 32gb Ballistix | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Sythe Fuma 2 | Case: Phanteks P600s | Storage: 2TB WD Black SN 750 & 1TB Sabrent Rocket | OS: Windows 11 Pro & Linux Mint

1 hour ago, solado said:

Windows 10 still doesn't play well with the P & E core set up, It will work & it is better than it was with the newer updates but performance might be a bit all over the place as the scheduler still isn't perfect.

I'm currently running Windows 10 and not having issues as yet. What should I lookout for should the behaviour change? Also, I had weird issue with AMD Drivers on Windows 11, yet Windows 10 is stable.

1 hour ago, Mista G said:

I'm currently running Windows 10 and not having issues as yet. What should I lookout for should the behaviour change? Also, I had weird issue with AMD Drivers on Windows 11, yet Windows 10 is stable.

Some things will be off loaded onto the E cores rather than the P cores hampering the performance.

The E cores are suprisingly good for what they are but you could squeeze more out of the setup on windows 11 if the tasks are handled correctly.

CPU: Ryzen 5900x | GPU: RTX 3090 FE | MB: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 32gb Ballistix | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Sythe Fuma 2 | Case: Phanteks P600s | Storage: 2TB WD Black SN 750 & 1TB Sabrent Rocket | OS: Windows 11 Pro & Linux Mint

16 hours ago, solado said:

Some things will be off loaded onto the E cores rather than the P cores hampering the performance.

The E cores are suprisingly good for what they are but you could squeeze more out of the setup on windows 11 if the tasks are handled correctly.

Currently running a fresh install of Windows 11 and nothing funky yet with the drivers.

• 4 weeks later...

Makes me wonder how mature Win 11 needs to be before gamers will finally move to it. I have been running Win 11 in enterprise and home use and have found no issue which would be remedied by dusting off a copy of windows 10. As far as I know you can even use your Win 10 product key to install Win 11 so why not just run the OS which is getting all the support and updates?

Intel i9-13900K - Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite DDR4 - Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB DDR4 3200 C16 - Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 4090 24GB - Corsair 4000D Airflow - 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  - Corsair AX1600i 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W - Aorus FI27Q - Noctua NH-D15 running 3 fans (CPU) - 6 x NF-A12x25 (3 intake, 3 exhaust) - Aorus K1 - Aorus M5 - Aorus AMP500 - Aorus H5 - Corsair TC70 - Win 11 Pro

14 minutes ago, A1200 said:

Makes me wonder how mature Win 11 needs to be before gamers will finally move to it. I have been running Win 11 in enterprise and home use and have found no issue which would be remedied by dusting off a copy of windows 10. As far as I know you can even use your Win 10 product key to install Win 11 so why not just run the OS which is getting all the support and updates?

Been on it since August 2021. Zero real issues with 10900K and 13700K. Most are just small nitpicks, nothing game or performance breaking. UI changes are just a little less accessible in some ways, which I suppose is a valid concern.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x