Random freeze with qcode 02

bennyboy2201

Okay guys, I'll admit that I need help. I'm frustrated as my, admittedly rather old pc now, is constantly freezing when a load hits or sometimes just idling.

It freezes with my mobo displaying the qcode 02. Which means something like "AP Initialization Before microcode loading".

I've tried everything, bios refresh, clean windows installation, ram check with memtest86, reseated power cables... I just don't know what to do anymore

Full specs are:

Intel core i7 4790k

Asus z97 pro

4x8Gb hyperx fury

2xzotac gtx 980

Couple of hard-drives and one nvme (which I mostly disconnected due to trouble shooting)

1000w bequiet straight power 11

Any help would be welcome, thanks.

34 minutes ago, bennyboy2201 said:

ram check with memtest86

Garbage ram test

Use prime95 large ffts, tm5 with anta777 profile, or any equivalent actually working ram test that isnt a pos thatll let even the most unstable of ram pass

Only thing i can suspect here would be ram

9 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Garbage ram test

Use prime95 large ffts, tm5 with anta777 profile, or any equivalent actually working ram test that isnt a pos thatll let even the most unstable of ram pass

Only thing i can suspect here would be ram

Okay, it freezes after some time when I test it, would it be possible that every one of the 4 sticks I have is broken? And would replacing them fix the problem?

Edit: I checked every stick individually by pluging them in one after another all by them selfes