Best for dollar pc build (700 and under)

westly

Budget (including currency): 500-700

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games, tarkov, Fortnite, pubg

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have no existing parts; I prefer amazon, but I could buy from eBay, this pc would be for my 13-year-old brother. He plays a lot of video games; I just need a good enough pc that will let him play everything on okay settings. I like the rx 580, that pc has lasted forever, and I still can play games on high settings. But as the title says best $ for pc, so I don't care what the pc comes with. It can be any cpu and gpu, as long as its decent and all parts work together. Thank you

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jTpKbK

If you would prefer new parts, this is about as good a machine as you can get for <$700. If you want to drop down to an RX 580, it's a solid enough GPU for just 1080P, but at the same time an RX 6600 (or used RX 5700 XT for that matter) isn't that much more expensive and a fair bit better at the same time. That machine should last a solid 4-5 years pretty easily. 

2 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jTpKbK

If you would prefer new parts, this is about as good a machine as you can get for <$700. If you want to drop down to an RX 580, it's a solid enough GPU for just 1080P, but at the same time an RX 6600 (or used RX 5700 XT for that matter) isn't that much more expensive and a fair bit better at the same time. That machine should last a solid 4-5 years pretty easily. 

Thank you, that will work great. The rx 5700 which one should I get? or does it not matter the rx 6600 are pretty much the same thing

1 minute ago, westly said:

Thank you, that will work great. The rx 5700 which one should I get? or does it not matter the rx 6600 are pretty much the same thing

The 5700 XT is probably the one you should get. Just find one that's not OEM or reference and you should be good. The RX 6600, while a lot faster than the RX 580, is a bit slower than the RX 5700 XT, so if you're willing to buy used it's a faster card for less money. 

Something like this should be good:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165736577070?hash=item2696ab782e:g:U5MAAOSwtp1jUuez&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoGW5KibEP4wzFwtUIcgDFr26a4TzdVcrJdeIrG6fQwNuUmDKqjkRyHbwLBnfJ5OtetbxyiG38wtVvZFUF4hvMDUwQy4Ra0MfXpIENyo0dsgD26DPbJ9BX7CTsU0xnNhd%2F4yPYo6BYk%2FFuTWaEuLDNoBenRXqV3xY8TEM0qgIGCcUXPq8WBHRn7k1CETqHozQrn13%2BJCbBcXANbM3MRQHryo%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR_jM9auJYQ

6 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The 5700 XT is probably the one you should get. Just find one that's not OEM or reference and you should be good. The RX 6600, while a lot faster than the RX 580, is a bit slower than the RX 5700 XT, so if you're willing to buy used it's a faster card for less money. 

Something like this should be good:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165736577070?hash=item2696ab782e:g:U5MAAOSwtp1jUuez&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoGW5KibEP4wzFwtUIcgDFr26a4TzdVcrJdeIrG6fQwNuUmDKqjkRyHbwLBnfJ5OtetbxyiG38wtVvZFUF4hvMDUwQy4Ra0MfXpIENyo0dsgD26DPbJ9BX7CTsU0xnNhd%2F4yPYo6BYk%2FFuTWaEuLDNoBenRXqV3xY8TEM0qgIGCcUXPq8WBHRn7k1CETqHozQrn13%2BJCbBcXANbM3MRQHryo%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR_jM9auJYQ

okay, ill check it out. I have another quick question. I had this problem with my pc last year and I bought all new parts but graphic cards and cpu and it turns out that I didnt need new parts just a bios update. Anyways I have a lot of parts laying around, but I have no idea what graphic card or cpu would be good for it, also a case. I have a msi x470 gaming plus, vipers 3200 2x8gb sticks, a 750w gold crosshair, and a Sk hynix ssd 1t drive. What case, gpu, and cpu would work with these parts? Preferable kinda cheap but im open to like around 500$. I know this is a different topic, but I would really apricate it. I'll make 2 pc's for my younger brothers 🙂

also, for the cpu fan should I just use the one that comes with it or do u recommend one? 

17 minutes ago, westly said:

I have a msi x470 gaming plus, vipers 3200 2x8gb sticks, a 750w gold crosshair, and a Sk hynix ssd 1t drive. What case, gpu, and cpu would work with these parts? Preferable kinda cheap but im open to like around 500$. I know this is a different topic, but I would really apricate it. I'll make 2 pc's for my younger brothers 🙂

I mean, all those parts can be substituted into the current build for your brother if you'd rather do that, just getting a different case (probably something like a P300A) and getting a loaner CPU from AMD to be able to update the BIOS on your motherboard, or just buying an external BIOS flasher to update the BIOS without a CPU (though these are kinda annoying). 

If you'd rather just make 2 systems, I'd still stand by just doing what you're planning on making for your brother's rig but with a different case. If you'd rather not use a BIOS flasher, you could get a 2nd gen Ryzen chip (something like a 2600X), though last I checked they were basically the same price as their 3rd and 5th gen cousins and a lot slower (a 5600 is a ton faster than a 2700X in every way, and yet buy it now prices for both are $120-130), so at that point you'd probably be better off selling your board and getting a next gen CPU/motherboard instead. A 13600K or 13600KF (one has integrated graphics, the other doesn't, get whichever is cheaper) and a cheaper board with BIOS flashback like the B660 Gaming X should do pretty good, though that will probably go above your ~$500 mark with the GPU included. 

4 minutes ago, westly said:

also, for the cpu fan should I just use the one that comes with it or do u recommend one? 

If you're trying to save a buck, it'll get the job done, though going for a cheap tower cooler like a Thermalright Assassin X 120 is not a bad idea if you're willing to spend the ~$20. I'd argue that you should probably use the included one though, see if you can deal with the noise, and decide to upgrade from there. 

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I mean, all those parts can be substituted into the current build for your brother if you'd rather do that, just getting a different case (probably something like a P300A) and getting a loaner CPU from AMD to be able to update the BIOS on your motherboard, or just buying an external BIOS flasher to update the BIOS without a CPU (though these are kinda annoying). 

If you'd rather just make 2 systems, I'd still stand by just doing what you're planning on making for your brother's rig but with a different case. If you'd rather not use a BIOS flasher, you could get a 2nd gen Ryzen chip (something like a 2600X), though last I checked they were basically the same price as their 3rd and 5th gen cousins and a lot slower (a 5600 is a ton faster than a 2700X in every way, and yet buy it now prices for both are $120-130), so at that point you'd probably be better off selling your board and getting a next gen CPU/motherboard instead. A 13600K or 13600KF (one has integrated graphics, the other doesn't, get whichever is cheaper) and a cheaper board with BIOS flashback like the B660 Gaming X should do pretty good, though that will probably go above your ~$500 mark with the GPU included. 

If you're trying to save a buck, it'll get the job done, though going for a cheap tower cooler like a Thermalright Assassin X 120 is not a bad idea if you're willing to spend the ~$20. I'd argue that you should probably use the included one though, see if you can deal with the noise, and decide to upgrade from there. 

Right before I switched to my new stuff, I updated everything that's how I figured out nothing was wrong; just unfortunate I bought everything before trying a bios update. It would probably be better overall to just buy new gen stuff but that's annoying Haha. So, I'll just buy double of cpu and gpu, my 750 crosshairs wont mess the gpu up? Idk if it's too powerful for it. 

pc 3.PNG

pc 2.PNG

pc 1.PNG

22 minutes ago, westly said:

my 750 crosshairs wont mess the gpu up? Idk if it's too powerful for it. 

Actually, now that I'm looking it up, I can't find any PSU with a model name "Crosshairs", you sure you're not a typo? A 750W unit is more than enough to get a system like this to work, but at the same time if I can't find a review of it I'd assume it's probably a fire hazard, so getting a new one is not a bad idea. 

26 minutes ago, westly said:

Right before I switched to my new stuff, I updated everything that's how I figured out nothing was wrong; just unfortunate I bought everything before trying a bios update. It would probably be better overall to just buy new gen stuff but that's annoying Haha. So, I'll just buy double of cpu and gpu, my 750 crosshairs wont mess the gpu up? Idk if it's too powerful for it. 

pc 3.PNG

pc 2.PNG

pc 1.PNG

That all looks good, though if you can change out the case for something else, the H510 is pretty mediocre for the price.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088K5317Z?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

This should be a much better case for a little bit less. You shouldn't need that 5 pack of fans as well. Also, you only need 1 thing of thermal paste, 4 grams is more than enough for 2 systems, plus the coolers come with some that's more than good enough for your system. 

15 minutes ago, westly said:

will that fit in that mother board?

pc5.PNG

Yeah, it'll fin in both motherboards. 

7 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Actually, now that I'm looking it up, I can't find any PSU with a model name "Crosshairs", you sure you're not a typo? A 750W unit is more than enough to get a system like this to work, but at the same time if I can't find a review of it I'd assume it's probably a fire hazard, so getting a new one is not a bad idea. 

That all looks good, though if you can change out the case for something else, the H510 is pretty mediocre for the price.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088K5317Z?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

This should be a much better case for a little bit less. You shouldn't need that 5 pack of fans as well. Also, you only need 1 thing of thermal paste, 4 grams is more than enough for 2 systems, plus the coolers come with some that's more than good enough for your system. 

Yeah, it'll fin in both motherboards. 

okay ill get thoughts cases it's a corsiar tx 750m Amazon.com: Corsair TXM Series, TX750M, 750 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Semi Modular Power Supply (Renewed)

2 minutes ago, westly said:

OK, the TX750M is a pretty good PSU, that should handle either RX 6600s or RX 5700 XTs no problem. 

Just now, westly said:

Thank you for all your help, you're the best 🙂

np