DOTA 2 / FPS goes crazy since 2 days...i can't lock down ???

Nemanja90

Hello , can somebody help me to lock down FPS for example on 240fps. All the time is going in the max and its not funny to play. PC is going crazy with the airflow and loud.

Launch options

How to open the launch options:

1. Open the Steam launcher
  2. Go on the Library tab
  3. Press right mouse button on Dota 2
  4. Select Properties and go on the General tab
  5. Press “Set Launch Options…”

Here is a list of useful commands you can include in the launch options:

Spoiler

-map dota

It loads the Dota 2 map when you launch the game. This reduces loading times after you find a game.

-high

It gives Dota 2 high CPU priority, which might increase your fps.

-language “English”

It sets your game language to English. You can select any language supported by the game.

-dx9

-dx11

-vulkan

-gl

It forces the game to run on DX9, DX11, Vulkan, or OpenGL.

-32bit

Dota 2 automatically uses the 64-bit client if you are on a 64-bit OS, but you can use this command to force the 32-bit client. AFAIK, there isn’t a performance difference, but the 32-bit one drains less ram.

-console

It enables the console in-game.

+fps_max #

The in-game settings are limited to 240 fps, but with this command you can increase the fps limit.

it seems there is an option in the game settings itself.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

2 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

Launch options

How to open the launch options:

1. Open the Steam launcher
  2. Go on the Library tab
  3. Press right mouse button on Dota 2
  4. Select Properties and go on the General tab
  5. Press “Set Launch Options…”

Here is a list of useful commands you can include in the launch options:

Reveal hidden contents

-map dota

It loads the Dota 2 map when you launch the game. This reduces loading times after you find a game.

-high

It gives Dota 2 high CPU priority, which might increase your fps.

-language “English”

It sets your game language to English. You can select any language supported by the game.

-dx9

-dx11

-vulkan

-gl

It forces the game to run on DX9, DX11, Vulkan, or OpenGL.

-32bit

Dota 2 automatically uses the 64-bit client if you are on a 64-bit OS, but you can use this command to force the 32-bit client. AFAIK, there isn’t a performance difference, but the 32-bit one drains less ram.

-console

It enables the console in-game.

+fps_max #

The in-game settings are limited to 240 fps, but with this command you can increase the fps limit.

it seems there is an option in the game settings itself.

Hello Bro

That is the problem. I do this and comming the same . All the time fps is going on max....

2 minutes ago, Nemanja90 said:

Hello Bro

That is the problem. I do this and comming the same . All the time fps is going on max....

did you do something before it started doing that? Like start to use an autoexec from someone else? I don't see why console commands would stop working otherwise. You should try asking in Dota 2 community page or on Reddit, maybe someone else had this problem. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

2 minutes ago, Nemanja90 said:

Hello Bro

See....that is the problem....i reinstall all the game and coming the same.

1.jpg

2.jpg

How about remove the launch parameter and use the in-game limiter?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

5 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

How about remove the launch parameter and use the in-game limiter?

Hello
I do that to ...its happening the same 🤒

1. Try switch renderer to Vulkan or DX11. 

2. Use MSI Afterburner to limit your FPS. 

3. Use driver own FPS limiter.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |