Replacement TV panels

Ruda

Dear Community.

I would like to ask you, if its possible to buy a replacement LED for Samsung 65" TV. I just don't know where to buy such a thing. Are there any caveats? E.g. Part numbers/ compatibility lists for each model to look out for?

Before you ask me... I have contacted an authorized service, but the repair is extremely expensive and I would like to try to repair it on my own.

Many thanks.

Yes but its basicallt the price of a new tv. What tv specifically?

In a tv the panel is basically 90%+ of the cost. So yeah normally not worth bothering

No description available.

Sorry for the stupid picture... That's all my friend could give me.

TV cost is basically all panel. The other "hardware" is basically a super budget phone internals and a power supply. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Is the panel physically broken, or is it the backlight dying?

I've seen dozens of Samsung professional 65" monitors develop bad backlights. If it's an edge-lit panel, and just the backlight is dying, you should be able to just replace the strips. The bad LEDs may have burned the edge of the diffuser a little, if so you might have to flip it around or replace the diffuser as well.

If this is a consumer set, even that might not be economical vs replacing the entire TV.

Please have your friend send you a photo of the TV powered on, preferably on its "Contact Samsung" page in the menu UI.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Please describe the exact damage.  Is a corner shattered like it hit something or If the panel is cracked, sadly its more costly to replace the panel compared to just getting a new TV.  It the backlight is whats going out, or is out (like you can see an image on the TV playing but there isn't any lights.  Imagine how frustrated you would be to order a panel, spend all the time replacing it only to find out that the new panel doesn't work.  Now you have to ship it back even if you CAN ship it back and usually that has to go to China.  That aint cheap!

If you pop open a TV it usually has 3 main boards.  One main processing board, one input board, and one power board.  They might have some daughter boards that go the front buttons/controls but generally its 3.  Please describe the exact damage.  If a capacitor looks burned out, maybe you can fix it for a dollar?  Also there might be a fuse on one of the boards that could be blown.

Please keep in mind that this advice is only for if the panel isn't shattered of physically damaged.