NVIDIA Web Helper Service

martino.

Hi,

Since yesterday, a new process appeared in my task manager. It is called "NVIDIA Web Helper Service" and it is using a lot of CPU. "AddInService.exe" is what's running this process. If I end it it reopens itself and because it is located in the Temp folder when I delete it it reappears. I updated my NVIDIA driver but still it won't go away. Can anyone help me how to kill this process?

image.png.2aa63964e46cebe46892531fa8f968cf.png

It is part of the Nvidia GeForce Experience.  Kill that and kill the web helper service and see if both stay gone.  You may have to uninstall the Nvidia GeForce Experience.  I would start there and see if it goes away. 

3 hours ago, DragonsRage012 said:

It is part of the Nvidia GeForce Experience.  Kill that and kill the web helper service and see if both stay gone.  You may have to uninstall the Nvidia GeForce Experience.  I would start there and see if it goes away. 

The problem is that I don't have GeForce Experience installed.

5 hours ago, martino. said:

The problem is that I don't have GeForce Experience installed.

In task manager there look at what is in the startup tab.  See if there is anything Nvidia related.  I would also suggest taking the opportunity to disable anything you really dont need while there. 

Then take a good look through task scheduler and see if anything nvidia related is there. If not then maybe use something like Windows defender, Malwarebyts, Nortons, or McAfee and run a scan.   You could always use the nuke option and boot from a windows install USB and format the drive then reinstall your OS. I would save this option for when you have pulled out the last of your hair though. LOL