Screwdriver and bit storage problem

AlexMagnuson

I have received my ltt screwdriver (hooray) but upon receiving it in its cardboard shipping box and seeing the screwdriver I asked myself, where do I keep it? I understand it’s a tool but it’s a $70 tool and I wish I had some sort of case to store the screw driver and extra bits in. I don’t think that the screwdriver should necessarily come with the case but a carrying case to toss in my bag instead of just throwing the screwdriver in there would be nice. Same with the extra bits that don’t fit in the screwdriver. I would like a container to store them in since other bit cases are designed for taller bits (and not ltt branded). 

In addition to this my screwdriver came with some scuffs right out of the box. I’m considering getting it replaced but I haven’t decided if it’s worth waiting longer or not. Just another reason why a case would be nice. The screwdriver may be strong enough to withstand being tossed around it bags and what not but I don’t want my expensive tool getting unnecessarily scuffed up. 

As far as the tool itself goes, it is pretty much as Linus describes it. High quality all around and great feeling mechanism and seems like it should hold up for many years. Not much else to say that isn’t advertised. I can only confirm that at first impression it appears to be true. The most disappointing part of this is definitely the scuffs though. I know I could get it replaced but I just wish it had come perfect considering how much Linus boasted the premium durability and production. 

E54144CF-8533-4A27-A84A-1AB27213B8C6.jpeg

2AC5B71A-F872-4567-A6EB-1D8A05B59A10.jpeg

F6C44C1B-2364-4E48-9FE9-6D687599E5FB.jpeg

69257A51-6B73-4327-AF50-E57A9F177704.jpeg

The handle and cap is made of plastic, it's gonna get scuffed no matter where you put it or inside a case/pouch unless you frame it up and never use it. Your replacement, should they agree to it, would most likely come with some form of imperfection. This is not a glass phone or some jewelry where it's expected to be pristine, I'm not sure why many expected it to be. It's a tool, it's gonna get scratches and marks everywhere after use.  

Agreed on the lack of need for a screwdriver case the materials hold up appropriately and some wear should be expected on a tool. However since bits are of an uncommon size and we'll likely mostly buy them from lttstore some kind of bit organizer would be nice. I heard on WAN show that there are some 3d printable options there but I'd happily pay some money to have them send me a bits organizer. Given the community it's a nice gesture to get ahead of it by supporting a 3d printed stop gap, but my expectations for a hard plastic organizer are low. Looking forward to a LTT bits organizer but expect it to be a ways out as we haven't heard any indication it is planned for development. 

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d | CPU Cooler Deepcool Castle 360EX | Motherboard MSI X570 A-Pro  | GPU MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio  | RAM 32 GB GSkill Trident Z 3600 MHz Cas 16 | Case Phanteks Eclipse P600S | PSU Seasonic Focus Plus 850W Gold | Storage WD Black SN850 1TB / WD Black SN750 2TB / WD Blue 2.5" SATA SSD 2TB

Agree with you, a LTT pouch or case for the screwdriver + bits collection would be a no-brainer for lttstore.com 🙂

As for the scuff on the screwdriver it sucks getting a new item with damage but after a couple of uses you will probably have done damage to it yourself. Mine had some too but way less than you.

What always gets me is the response of "there's 3d printable models out there so it's not a priority" as if everyone has or can afford a 3d printer 

37 minutes ago, Samuel1698 said:

What always gets me is the response of "there's 3d printable models out there so it's not a priority" as if everyone has or can afford a 3d printer 

There are sites where you can get something 3d printed for you, so you don't need to have a 3d printer.

High chance of message being edited, mostly to add clarification or fix typos.

2 hours ago, Samuel1698 said:

So I'm gonna be an asshole here. But if you can't afford a 3D printer, you shouldn't buy a 70 dollar screwdriver.

Like Razercake said, there are sites out there to do it for you, and chances are you either know someone with 1, or if you ask around, you will be put in contact with someone.

• 1 year later...
On 11/13/2022 at 4:21 PM, Neroon said:

So I'm gonna be an asshole here. But if you can't afford a 3D printer, you shouldn't buy a 70 dollar screwdriver.

Like Razercake said, there are sites out there to do it for you, and chances are you either know someone with 1, or if you ask around, you will be put in contact with someone.

i am not trying to be an asshole but 300 vs 70 dallars is a big difference you can argue the  of cheap ones but in order to have a usable product you need a good printer. it is like saying if you cant  buy a 50 dollar mouse you should not save up for a good pc 

My sister bought her son a $300 3d printer. But... I found out afterwards that they don't have a computer for Cura. Only an iPad. I suggested she find a $50 laptop for Cura and was met with annoyance.

My personal 3d printer is down until I fix some problem with the hotend. I think the next printer will be easier to service... but it'll be a $1300 printer.

My point is that 3D printing has a ton of baggage still. It is an expensive hobby with a low entry fee.

(Don't misunderstand! 3d printing is amazing. I think it is worth it. But not everyone needs to 3d print, and not everyone who needs a nice screwdriver needs a 3d printer.)

1 hour ago, Avaviel said:

My sister bought her son a $300 3d printer. But... I found out afterwards that they don't have a computer for Cura. Only an iPad. I suggested she find a $50 laptop for Cura and was met with annoyance.

My personal 3d printer is down until I fix some problem with the hotend. I think the next printer will be easier to service... but it'll be a $1300 printer.

My point is that 3D printing has a ton of baggage still. It is an expensive hobby with a low entry fee.

(Don't misunderstand! 3d printing is amazing. I think it is worth it. But not everyone needs to 3d print, and not everyone who needs a nice screwdriver needs a 3d printer.)

i was trying to say not everyone has or can get a printer what if i got the scewdriver from family i now need a printer becase i can get a screwdriver that is what the responce is for not everyone has one yes i can if i wanted but i cant just go out and get one becse i need a holder 

6 minutes ago, dellbro_real said:

i was trying to say not everyone has or can get a printer what if i got the scewdriver from family i now need a printer becase i can get a screwdriver that is what the responce is for not everyone has one yes i can if i wanted but i cant just go out and get one becse i need a holder 

Yes, I was agreeing with you!

And also yes, might be a gift. I'd imagine there are many 16 year olds wanting to build their first PC, and received an LTT screwdriver for Christmas.

3 minutes ago, Avaviel said:

Yes, I was agreeing with you!

And also yes, might be a gift. I'd imagine there are many 16 year olds wanting to build their first PC, and received an LTT screwdriver for Christmas.

i asked for it  and i did want a one but i could get a pc later 

9 hours ago, dellbro_real said:

i am not trying to be an asshole but 300 vs 70 dallars is a big difference you can argue the  of cheap ones but in order to have a usable product you need a good printer. it is like saying if you cant  buy a 50 dollar mouse you should not save up for a good pc 

Yes it's a big price difference. But my point still stands. If you can't afford a 3d printer, which was their argument, then why are you spending 70 on a screwdriver?

You can't tell me that if you CAN'T afford a 300 dollar printer, that you should be spending 70 dollar on a screwdriver, you just cannot tell me that.

That's not the same as not wanting to spend that money on it, or even wanting it, because both are legitimate reasons.

This screwdriver is 100% a luxury item, you probably already have the tools to accomplish the same things, and if you don't, then for like 10 bucks you can. It might not ratchet or have bit storage, but it will screw in those screws. And if you are so low on cash, don't buy such a luxury item. Use it for food, bills, clothing etc.

11 hours ago, Neroon said:

Yes it's a big price difference. But my point still stands. If you can't afford a 3d printer, which was their argument, then why are you spending 70 on a screwdriver?

You can't tell me that if you CAN'T afford a 300 dollar printer, that you should be spending 70 dollar on a screwdriver, you just cannot tell me that.

That's not the same as not wanting to spend that money on it, or even wanting it, because both are legitimate reasons.

This screwdriver is 100% a luxury item, you probably already have the tools to accomplish the same things, and if you don't, then for like 10 bucks you can. It might not ratchet or have bit storage, but it will screw in those screws. And if you are so low on cash, don't buy such a luxury item. Use it for food, bills, clothing etc.

they can buy the screw diver i cant get a 3d printer but i wanted the driver is what i am saying

you can use you money how you want

15 hours ago, Neroon said:

Ohhhh I see.

We disagree there, then. On the screwdriver being a luxury item.

You're also doing the thing called assuming. You know what they say about assumptions! "I'm confidentially assuming you do at least"

Welcome to assumption club.

I think we all have a rough idea of why we’re here.

On 1/5/2024 at 1:09 PM, dellbro_real said:

they can buy the screw diver i cant get a 3d printer but i wanted the driver is what i am saying

you can use you money how you want

That's not the argument, the argument is that if you can afford a LTT screwdriver, you can afford a 3d printer. Whether you want to is a different story.

The exception is when you have like under a 100 bucks, but my point was that you shouldn't buy it at that point.

On 1/5/2024 at 5:13 PM, Avaviel said:

Ohhhh I see.

We disagree there, then. On the screwdriver being a luxury item.

You're also doing the thing called assuming. You know what they say about assumptions! "I'm confidentially assuming you do at least"

Welcome to assumption club.

I think we all have a rough idea of why we’re here.

How is it not a luxury item? Go ahead and explain that. Even Linus calls it that. Also do you know what luxury is?

Ps how did you do things before owning it? Were you just flabbergasted as to what to do with a screw?